Generic Job Role:
Manage the day-to-day operations of Performance Management in Finance Operations global delivery centre. Provide thought leadership on Performance Management.
Reports to (Direct): Global Process Manager (GPM) Performance Management
Reports to (Indirect): Head - Finance Operations
Direct Reports: SVPs, VPs, Sr. Leaders of Country Reporting, Business Reporting, Group Reporting
Lead the function which includes BAU, growth, strategic development of the Performance Management Reporting for Finance Operations. This includes thought leadership and execution of process capabilities and service offerings, building skill sets & talent pipeline, stakeholder engagement, high quality service delivery and controls.
- Participate, contribute and partner with GPM - PMR for a BAU and strategic direction and steer on the overall Performance Management Reporting activities in Finance Operations / Hubs
- Partner with other senior leaders and stakeholders on various initiatives, actions in line with the overall objectives of group and the PMR function
- Providing an efficient and effective management direction for all processes and activities in PMR. Introduce and maintain high quality standards with respect to service delivery.
- Ensuring that an effective system of financial & operational controls are introduced, maintained and continually enhanced.
- Ensure robust KRI/KCS controls and checks are in place to manage operational risks. Ensure that major activities and processes are well documented with a robust BCP plan. Ensure robust controls and governance of PMR function across hubs
- Ensure that all the critical performance targets/standards as agreed and defined under the Service Level Agreements are met and exceeded.
- Embed a culture of continuous process improvement for efficiencies and strategically work for consistent evaluation and realizing effectiveness and process efficiencies.
- Work closely with Head - Strategic Enablement Services / Change
- Deliver on annual productivity/cost saves targets
- Constantly explore off-shoring opportunities into the hub.
- Work with GPM / individually too on feasibility cases of hubbing contiguous processes and work with the objective of progressing towards seamless creation of efficient end to end process continuum from locations outside of Finance Operations.
- Work closely with business and country CFOs to augment the numbers.
- Working closely with the other Finance Operations leaders to ensure effective operational practices are incorporated through metrics and measurements.
- As a Finance Operations senior leader, contribute to the strategic development of the centre and support driving Finance Operation MGs collective agenda.
- Work with HR to enhance the talent / skill sets to meet the growing complexity and needs of PMR. Ensure that right talent is attracted and retained for all key roles and work with HR to structure right compensation for the division. Actively work on attrition management for the unit. Create sufficient bench to manage attrition efficiently.
- Evaluate opportunities for continuously promoting employee engagements. Encourage employees on their creativity, learning and development, CSR etc.
- As applicable, participate and drive finance transformation agenda across all teams in PMR and as required pan Finance Operations / Global Service Centre
- Effectively handle change management post migration of new processes (from design to delivery) to Finance Operations. Manage and escalate risks arising out of transition of new processes.
- Drive PMR function in Finance Operations moving towards end to end process based model from being organized to support geographic activities in the PM space.
- Partner with GPM and leaders to design and implement Standard Global Processes across varied areas of Performance Management and to track implementation effectiveness and gaps on a continued basis
- Global Process Manager (GPM)
- CFOs & Financial Controllers
- Business heads of Finance, Group Leaders.
- CEO, HR Leads, Ops Risk, GIA, Legal & Compliance,
- Head of SES / Change
- Peers, DRs
- External auditors, local and overseas
- Senior members of other Finance Operations Centres in the industry.
Key Competencies and Experience
A seasoned Finance Professional with a leading Global Financial Institution.
- Experience of having led a senior and experienced team of professionals.
- Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Management Reporting.
- A business executive with strong analytical and strategic planning exposure, coupled with a thorough grasp of corporate development and finance experience.
- A leader and a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
- Ability to culturally orient in a diverse and international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Effective communication skills, including experience in presenting and influencing senior management.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he / she does not have direct authority and deliver on responsibilities effectively.
- Representing the Group positively to the external market.
- Leadership & coaching experience of people with / without a direct reporting relationship.
- Strategic/innovative thinking capability and balanced commercial prudence.
- Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Will need to quickly establish credibility when representing the Group, presenting a positive, persuasive and professional presence, and have excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Chartered Accountant or MBA with 18+ years of relevant finance experience in quantitative analysis, performance management and reporting, FP&A, BP&A, market share and other relevant analysis
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services
- In-depth knowledge of the drivers of business performance and relevant key performance measures of Banking Business.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
- Make sound decisions (or influence making sound decisions) based on business priorities.
- Comfortable dealing with incomplete information, uncertainty, change and dealing with ambiguities.
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent people leadership and management skills.
- Strategic mindset and strong analytical capabilities.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making.
- Relationship and stakeholder management competencies.
- Initiative and proactive thinker.