The Manager - Finance will lead the Financial planning, Reporting and General Accounting activities associated with month end and related legal entity responsibilities. Specific responsibilities include develop and maintain effective Financial controls over business critical process and procedures. Comply with all Statutory Regulations and Companies Act requirements.
It's a leadership role in Finance, Accounting and Business Analysis. The position is responsible for the oversight of all activities related to client's monthly legal entity statutory accounting and tax requirements and India Management Region closing and reporting process, projections, annual plan, five year outlook, financial analysis, and special projects upon request from CEO, India & Finance Director, Asia Pacific. Regulatory compliance, including Companies Act, is an essential part of the role. The incumbent reports to the CEO, India, and has dotted line reporting relationship to Finance Director, Asia Pacific. Direct reports include Finance & IT staff, approx 3-4 employees ..
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Oversee all statutory accounting and tax activities.
- Meet all statutory laws and Companies Act requirements.
- Oversee India Management Region accounting, financial closing, financial reporting, and financial analysis activities
- Prepare accurate and timely legal and management financial statements in compliance with US GAAP and management reporting requirements.
- Analyze Legal and India Management Region monthly, quarterly, annual results and provide timely and relevant commentary to CEO and Finance Director, Asia Pacific.
- Responsible for preparing & monitoring annual plans, and five year outlook information requests.
- Lead business analysis studies supporting growth in existing and new business lines.
- Proactively monitor profitability through pricing management and cost optimization.
- Review and approve quarterly reconciliations
- Oversee implementation of global finance policies, procedures, and processes to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy of financial information
- Assist with finance compliance programming/training
- Develop finance team proficiency in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) to expert level
- Develop, train, and mentor accounting staff at the manufacturing plant
- Complete and lead projects based on requests from CEO, India and Finance Director, Asia Pacific
Analyse Sales Budget viz. Actual achieved.
Monitoring Cash flow and Capital Expenditure (Capex).
- Scrutinize and reconciles Sub ledger Trial Balance for Debtors with age-wise outstanding, Sub ledger with General ledger control accounts, General ledger, HO Control accounts, Staff Salary & Statutory Payments.
- Compliance under Sales Tax Laws & Excise procedure.
- Statutory compliance and Company Audit. (India Statutory and US GAAP)
- Compliance /Accounting of Company TDS.
- Knowledge of transfer pricing laws in India.
- Credit worthiness of current /new Customer and Distributor.
- CA with 7-15 years experience in Finance function preferably from Manufacturing Industry.
- Experience in preparation of Business Case Analysis.
- Software experience: HFM, SBO, SAP.
- Hands-on experience in Statutory & US GAAP. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong ability to consult and influence business stake-holders (internal and government authorities) on strategic decision making and problem solving.
- A strategic thinker and also be able to be hands on in the execution. An ability to solve problems, - trouble-shoot-, is detailed and process oriented and strong solutions driven mindset.
- Excellent qualities in working across functions, culture, and in a matrix organization. Strong ethics and collaborative mindset.