Position Title: Head - Compliance, India
Reporting to: General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer - Asia Pacific
Geographical Scope: India
Location: Gurgaon with travel throughout India
Background: Forensic, Fraud or Internal Audit. Big 4 trained with in-house compliance experience.
Objective of the Role
The Candidate will work closely to build strong relationships with the CEO India, Managing Directors, CFO India, Human Resources Directors and/or Managers and key stakeholders in the India Region.
The Manager - Compliance, India, will be responsible for managing the full range of matters related to compliance and governance, risk, investigations, and compliance training affecting the daily operation of the business in India
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote Compliance culture and risk awareness locally across different levels of staff and use of internal whistleblower mechanisms and to promote an open environment for raising concerns
- Developing and implementing best practices and process improvements, and coordinating between business and functions
- Initiate and drive Compliance Review Board meetings with local management team in India
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and enhance the management's controllership in compliance programs
- Initiate and assist in various policy developments, which may involve other Shared Services
- Keep the key stakeholders updated for the regulatory requirements and ensure compliance in due course
- Prepare monthly India Compliance Reporting
- Co-ordinate and support the Compliance team's activities in the APAC region
- Provision of strategic and tactical advice to the business units on a broad range of commercial issues that may affect the company
- Implement risk assessment programs and policies towards ensuring that risks and potential red flags are assessed on potential projects, managed on contracted projects and reported as directed by policy
- Advising the businesses and facilitating and monitoring the process in managing risk mitigation plans.
- Lead and manage investigations in India following the Asia Pacific escalation process
- Provide investigation reports and provide guidance on lists of follow-up actions and monitoring closure of follow-up items by stakeholders
- Prepare training materials and conduct compliance trainings and certification programs. Maintaining a record of employee trainings to monitor staff
- Develop an annual compliance training calendar
- Be responsible for the rollout of the Global Anti-corruption Standards for Financial Controls and Policies across India
- Facilitate and verify the quarterly anti-corruption policy certification for India
- Projects and tasks as determined by the Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel Asia Pacific, Director Compliance Asia Pacific.