BASIC ROLE DETAILS
Department: Sub Surface
Designation: Chief Reservoir Engineer/Head Sub Surface (GM/Chief Technical Officer)
This Role Reports to: President
This Role Supervises Entire Sub Surface activities of the Company
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Role: To act as the senior expert on G&G and Reservoir Engineering domains for Production, Development and Exploration activities of the client's field.
You will lead the team of Geologists, Geophysicists and Reservoir/Petroleum Engineers with specific emphasis on enhancing the yet to be developed 2P reserves, production and establish the exploration potential. This role requires high level of technical expertise in the G&G and Reservoir Engineering domains and willingness to take on responsibility and leadership. You will be required to analyze the production potential of the reservoir and determine the technical ways and means that should be used to optimize oil or gas recovery. Establish descriptions of the reservoir from the data available, and refine this data by applying the law of physics to forecast reservoir behavior during production and depletion.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
Educational Qualification Essential: Graduate/Post Graduate in Petroleum Engineering/Reservoir Engineering/Geology & Geophysics
Work Experience Required (In yrs.): Around 20-25 years' experience in the G&G or Reservoir Engineering domains. Candidates with experience in Reservoir Engineering will have an advantage. Preferably worked primarily with Pvt. JVs (MNC or Indian)
Skills: Expert knowledge of Geology, Geophysics, RE & PE desirable
* Act as the resident expert for all technical matters related to Geology, Geophysics and Reservoir Engineering
* Undertake reservoir modelling studies; preparation of reservoir model, well & reservoir performance analysis, MBAL modelling, DC analysis and define future development opportunities and reserves potential
* Preparation of phase wise development plan as per reservoir requirement -- monitoring. Monitoring the acquisition plan of reservoir data. Determining the potential of reservoir, in order to determine its value and likely investment required -- optimisation of investment.
* Estimation of Reserves, preparation of production profiles, reporting, documentation and presentations
* Ensuring reservoir engineering activities are implemented in line with industry best practices and maximise production
* Co-ordinate planning & implementing production optimization programs. Review production, PE, RE studies & WO programs.
* Preparation of exploration and development strategy and execution of the same from the subsurface perspective
* Preparation of Well location release reports for exploration, appraisal and development drilling
* Overseeing the Static and Dynamic Modelling exercise
* Overseeing the implementation of approved plans for appraisal and development of the reservoirs.
* Identify and assess risk and uncertainties in exploration and development activities
* Review interpretation and modelling and analyze subsurface data.
* Formulate reservoir surveillance plans, including design, managing data from bottom hole surveys, sampling & Core.
* Validate & advise on designing well locations, optimizing well profiles, estimating production availability.
* Identify technology development opportunities in support of reservoir development.
* Field life prediction -- acceptance by JV, Govt. Officials & Line manager
* Supervising well test planning & preparation as per company guidelines -- on time
* Provide technical Reservoir Engineering support to drilling and production departments
* Establish best practices workflows and deliver internal knowledge transfer (workshops or trainings)
* Coaching mentoring of Juniors
* Training of Geotechnical staff through transfer of knowledge/mentoring/coaching and monitoring progress.
* Maintain the project learning database (for subsurface matters).
* Quality assurance and quality control issues.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (Technical & Behavioral)
* Well rounded industry professional with extensive experience in three or more of the following topics:
a) Classical Reservoir Engineering
b) Pressure Transient Analysis
c) Reserves Estimation
d) Reservoir Modelling
e) IOR / EOR including water flooding
f) Field Development
Understanding of basic concepts of Geology & Geophysics is required.
- E & P Software, Project management software, Overall understanding of the E & P Cycle, Understanding of Techno-commercial implications for projects
- Proficient understanding of "Pete Rose" probabilistic methodology for project risk assessment
- Proficiency with technical and economic software packages: OSI PI, DSS, PEEP, Eclipse, Petrel, MS Office, VIP, MBal, Saphir, SMT-KS, Geographix, RMS etc.
- Proficiency in reservoir management best practices including material balance, injection optimization, conformance improvement, flood pattern surveillance, and performance forecasting
- Interpretation and Reservoir Characterization experience
- Structural geology
- Source rock analysis and basin modelling
- Operation Geological skills would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of GIS software would be an added advantage
- Workstation experience is must.
- Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications
- Computer literacy and ability to analyse numerical and graphical data
* Should have strong analytical and communication skills; Effective and straight forward communicator and friendly personality, good at listening; Fluent in written and verbal technical English
* Advanced multi-tasking capabilities and the ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team environment. Should be able to build and maintain relationships effectively
* Respond well to pressure, prioritize and deliver effectively to deadlines. Be available to work extended hours from time to time during critical periods, and have a proactive attitude toward providing assistance and support
* Lateral thinker with very well developed intellect; should also have the aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and software. Ability to influence and present effective arguments.