Job Location: Gurgaon
Degree in Engineering (preferably civil) or Architecture with around 25 years experience in general management, project management, engineering & business development in engineering organizations.
The position is based at Gurgaon and reports to Director Operations.
The position will involve heading the entire SBU (staff strength exceeding 250 spread over multiple locations in India for topline and bottom line performance.
* Plan, organize, direct, control and manage the SBU with complete responsibility for the technical and financial performance of the SBU
* Accountable for revenue, cost and profitability.
* Responsible for Customer relations and satisfaction
* Direct department / zonal heads in defining goals and objectives and develop strategies to meet and evaluate those goals.
* Act as a change agent by providing the means to foster and support a positive organizational culture
This is a strategic leadership position responsible for growth of the business. The position is expected to take full ownership of driving all aspects safety within home office and project sites. Demonstrating exemplary commitment to Business Code and Ethics is an absolute imperative.
The position is responsible to oversee SBU operations to ensure, project execution efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources. The position is also responsible for the total value chain of the business with more customer focus which will bring high degree of customer satisfaction, high employee morale, developing and ensuring effective implementation of Business Plan at SBU level.
The position is also expected to deliver in terms of driving and development of strong customer base, formulating and monitoring robust sales plan in a collaborative manner with Sales, driving relationship management for key and core clients, driving exploration of new markets and regions, assuring timely and accurate execution of projects.
The position needs to take ownership of strategic planning for the business unit, business plans and rolling forecasts for all financial parameters viz. revenue, margin, billability, overheads and cash flows.
The position shall lead implementation of company operation policies, best practices and standard operating procedures to facilitate performance, grow profits and exceed client and company expectations and manage profitability of the SBU,
The position should act as a mentor and provide coaching on vision and direction to the SBU management team, monitor and manage performance and develop strategies and people to achieve growth, service and financial goals. The position should be keen in identifying development areas for direct and indirect reportees and implement action plans for developing a strong team of employees.
The critical success factors for the position are:
* Develop a strategic plan to advance the SBU's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth and implement it effectively
* Manage SBU operations to insure safety, execution efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources
* Review financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revising objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
* Set up budgets for the SBU and effectively implement the same
* Develop Business Plans and quarterly Rolling Forecasts
* Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships
* Develop a strong team and motivates employees for safety, quality, productivity and performance
* Monitor and review projects, support and coach the PM's to deliver or better the project KPI's
* Ensure appropriate and satisfactory systems and processes are in place for monitoring performance against plans and budgets
* Provide coaching vision and direction to the SBU management team and monitor performance to achieve growth, service and objectives
* Recruit and upgrade talent to ensure top class delivery and growth
* The candidate should have adequate knowledge in the following areas:
Excellent knowledge of managing business unit in EPC / EPCM industry
* Knowledge of strategic planning and execution
Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
Knowledge of examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
Knowledge in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
The candidate should have excellent skills:
* Strategic Orientation
* Analytical & Lateral Thinking
* Excellent Business Acumen
* Mentoring & Coaching
* Planning & Organizing
* Effective Communication
* Leading & Inspiring
* Strong networking skill
* Problem Solving and Decision Making
* Team Building & Conflict Resolution
The candidate should have following personality attributes:
* Enterprising & Initiative taker
* Realistic Orientation
* Emotional Stability
* Self -- reliance
* Self Assertion
* Active Listening
* Openness to Change
* Role Consciousness