* Responsible for shaping programming strategy and direction for the TV channel and contributing to the overall vision for the channel.
* Will manage and direct all aspects of programming from formulation of strategy & implementation, and will lead and manage a team of professionals.
* Planning and scheduling function
* Take a broad strategic and creative view
* Work closely with the marketing, advertising sales and distribution departments to ensure that the program strategy is integrated with other department strategies to maximize revenue opportunities
* Programming budgets
* Will take part in a complete Programming experience & lead every facet of the channel's journey.
* Program acquisition, competitive analysis, planning, and scheduling, will help shape the channel and grow a loyal audience base.
* Work with a cross-functional team across ad sales, programming, on-air promotions and distribution.
* The role enables one to shape the channel positioning, organize program launches from beginning to end and form future programming strategy for the genre.
Desired Education, skills, experience etc.
* Post Graduation/ Graduation preferably in Mass Communication/Media
* 10-12 years of Broadcast or a related industry experience in buying and scheduling of programs in India.
* Essential job specific technical competencies & skills. Exposure to all aspects of programming including scheduling, research, production, rights commissioning etc. Good editorial experience
* Commercial acumen and budget management skills.
* Team management
* Consumer orientation with an understanding of audience dynamics
* Excellent people skills with an ability to work with individuals from all disciplines.
* Excellent communication skills
* Able to look at the big picture while also managing the detail
* Computer proficiency with MS Office especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Desired attributes: entrepreneurial flair, enjoys testing and experimenting with ways to reach and engage with audience across India, working on projects cutting across functions and delivering strong scalable results.
This job description is intended as a representation of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.