Client is looking for a seasoned marketing professional, with deep experience in brand management, marketing communication, and execution of organizational strategies, preferably with an exposure of having worked in the real estate sector. The candidate will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization's marketing strategies, brand management plans, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. S/he oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
The position reports to the Co-Founders/Executive Directors and serves as a member of the senior management team. This position participates with the Board of Directors, Executive Director and other management staff in charting the direction of the Organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Executive Director, senior management team, staff of the Marketing/Communications/P.R. function, and the service providers.
Outside the agency, the position coordinates, primarily, with the media.
The key abilities they are looking at are:
* Ability to take bottom line functional ownership;
* leadership skills to build and lead a team;
* experience in launching new products;
* understanding of digital marketing techniques;
* creative lateral thinking abilities for creating new markets;
* Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial drive to excel and accustomed to working in a highly competitive environment;
* Can build a performance oriented culture essential to achieve the ambitious goals of the business;
1. Marketing, communications and public relations
* Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
- a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization's image/brand and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
- all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
* Ensure articulation of Organization's desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
* Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications and marketing content both offline and online.
* Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
* Facilitate, monitor & guide Organization's representation in the media.
* Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
* Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
* Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
* Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research; coordinate and oversee this activity.
* Monitor and interpret trends
* Leads projects as assigned such as cause-related marketing and special events.
2. Planning and budgeting
* Setting of organizational level goals, strategy roadmap and detailed plan of action on periodic basis.
* Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
* Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
* Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
* Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
* Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and real estate sector in general and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
3. Organizational strategy
* Work with senior staff, peers and subordinates to:
- develop and maintain a strategic perspective, based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction, in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and,
- ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
* Help make sure that the Organization's philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
* Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization's key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization's relevance.
* Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
* Build organization's brand, monitor the brand equity and take steps to spread the presence in the target audience, pan-India and later internationally.
* Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
4. Organizational management
* Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel.
* Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel.
* Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
* Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
* Build a strong database of service providers, engage with them and establish assessment criterions for them.
* Build efficiencies in marketing budgets through improvisation and negotiations.
* Effectively enable peers and subordinates so they can take action on behalf of the Organization by:
a) transmitting the Organization's values, vision and direction;
b) engaging people in the meaning of the Organization;
c) respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
d) providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people's
skills; articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
e) communicating which includes helping people transform information into
knowledge and learning;
f) encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic
questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
g) anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution;
h) engaging people in process as well as tasks; encouraging people use their power,
i) practice their authority, and accept their responsibility;
j) modeling behavior; and
k) coaching people to success.
5. Digital marketing
* Establish overall targets for organization's online presence.
* Allocate budgets, execution plans and resources, including vendors.
6. Reporting & information systems:
* Establish planning, recording and reporting systems.
* Manage MIS for collaborative effective decision making.
* Should have strong leadership skills and should have effectively managed a team
* Should be a peoples person with strong team building/ nurturing and mentoring capabilities
* Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the commercial/ trade practices in real estate environment
* Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
* Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
* Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
* Should have had at least 10 years of industry experience
* Should have been a quick & high achiever and be comfortable in managing chaos
* Should be innovative and extremely motivated
* Should be an MBA from top B-school
* Competitive fixed compensation with attractive stock options