Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
Coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
Work closely with the EHS Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
Maintain Inventory levels and control flow of product
Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets.
Analyze workforce requirements.
Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
Communicate with research and development as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
Work with purchasing manager to develop and improve supplier relationships.
- Should have played critical role in Manufacturing Excellence
- Should have hands on experience of best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
- Strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.