Post Graduation - ML/LLM
School & Graduation - BL/LLB
To handle all the legal matters including litigation and compliance of the company & aspect of the business of Essar Power along with compliances & regulatory issues, settlements, frauds and defaults. Represent the company on the legal front
Drafting, vetting and Negotiation of Domestic & International Commercial contracts including EPC Contracts, Fuel Purchase Agreement, PPA's & Exchange, Loan Documents, Concession
Agreements, share purchase.
* Drafting & vetting Mining Lease, Linkages (Long term & Short term), E-Auction and Logistics Agreement.
* Knowledge in land related laws, including Transfer of Property act, Land Acquisition under LA act including Private Purchase, Government Land Purchase Easement act Counseling on legal issues pertaining to their day to day business operations
* Interface with Business Teams and advocates for ensuring effective handling of litigation/disputes, replying notices, preparing notices etc;
* Ensuring filing of cases, defending cases, follow- up, preparation of MIS pertaining to litigation by and against the company and Notices received and issued by the Company;
* Litigation before Electricity Regulatory Commission, Appellate Tribunal, High Courts, Supreme Court and quasi judicial bodies ,
applicable cases, Arbitration tribunal.
* Briefing Advocates/lawyers/Senior Counsels etc on case to case basis.
* Identifying the legal risk and advising on mitigation
on the risk.
* Keeping updated with all the regulatory compliances related to the business of the company .
* Liasoning with domestic & international legal counsel.
* Familiarity with UK bribery act, Anti corruption
1. Negotiating agreements to arrive at favourable closure
2. Delegating the task of preparation of various legal documents
3. Ensuring Compliances & Mitigating legal risk