Purpose of the Job: The position will head & drive the HR, IR, Personnel & Admin function and lead a team of HR professionals, Will focus on developing HR strategies for the geography & drive implementation of the same
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Head Strategic & Operational HR
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan.
- Ensure HR & Admin plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes, as and when they occur
- Plan and ensure the accuracy of data in manpower, cost & Control of expenses related to manpower, etc wrt HR & admin.
- Plan for strategic hiring and placement of manpower, their regular training, whilst closely monitor their deployment.
- Overlook and plan HR development (recruitment, training, appraisals, etc) and engagement related activities wrt implementation and budget/ cost control.
- Deal with any performance/ deployment or any grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way wrt outsourced manpower
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Maintain good relations with labour office and their officials.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all HR issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with dept heads. Implement any increases and promotions.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Conduct occupational health referrals and providing and advice to employees
- MBAs (based in Western India) in HR & IR with 15 - 22 years experience in MNC manufacturing or service verticals.
- Must have substantial global exposure in dealing with Regional / Asia-Pac HR Directors and HR counterparts in other countries.
- Must be currently heading the HR function of the organisation or a division / SBU of a large organisation
Person profile :
- Should have sound knowledge of statutory compliances and the impact of same the industry
- Previous experience of managing an Human Resources and Admin team
- Previously influenced senior managers, built strong commercial relationships and driven an HR strategy
- Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Ability to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
The ability to inspire confidence of the Board members and other senior managers through timely:
- Delivery of information and plans.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations
- Demonstrate passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly support the senior leadership team and their agenda
- Results-focused - understands what is important to staff, clients and management - is committed to achieving goals.Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organisation
- Ability to explain detailed legal information to staff in a straightforward way
- Display integrity - is sincere in own behaviour and in dealings with others
- Self motivated and self aware - recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development