The Purpose of the role is to oversee efficient functioning of the Accounts and Finance department and ensure:
(1) Integrity of financial statements, through operation of an effective internal control mechanism,
(2) Optimal fund deployment at the most appropriate cost and (3) Effective risk management.
The Job Responsibilities would include :-
1. Provide leadership and contribute effectively in supporting the achievement of the business goals and objectives of the business unit through accounting, planning, control, financial and treasury management and financial reporting.
2. Oversee the preparation of Consolidated Financial Statements for the business in compliance with Generally Accepted accounting Principles.
3. Assess, monitor, and evaluate risks faced by individual business & Oversee the implementation of an efficient risk control mechanism.
4. Facilitate the implementation of a smooth budgetary control mechanism for the business unit, implement an effective variance analysis mechanism & review the MIS reports periodically and initiate corrective action as required.
5. Ensure effective Treasury and Funds Management, Ensure availability of funds to meet the requirements of the business unit, Minimize cost of funds & Ensure that all financial risks are hedged.
6. Oversee the effective functioning of the Cost Accounting System.
7. Ensure implementation of financial policies and procedures to enhance overall profitability for the company. Establish control objectives and initiate efficient and applicable accounting processes & organizational controls including financial authorities to meet control objectives.
8. Performs the role of a people manager by managing and supporting recruitment, setting performance goals for direct reports and monitoring their performance, providing developmental guidance and direction as and when required