Role: Head -- Employment Laws (Global)
Key responsibilities will include:
* Leading team of lawyers on employment law compliance and disputes across the globe with specific responsibilities as described below;
* Providing real-time labour and employment law advice regarding personnel hiring, retention and separation issues to Client Human Resources (HR), Talent Acquisition teams and to Client's strategic business unit and business vertical management;
* Working closely with the HR and Risk teams to advise on and conduct internal investigations across a mixed caseload of employment law matters. You will advise on cases which include unfair dismissal, transfer of employment by law, redundancies, whistle-blowing, and discrimination and settlement agreements.
* Leading audits, handling employee-related disputes, reviewing pre-litigation claims, shepherding and tracking all employment litigation, arbitrations & mediations, including (where licensed) representation in civil courts and state agencies;
* Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various employment-related agreements and related legal documents;
* Proactively monitoring and advising on new developments in employment laws and assessing and advising their impact on the organization, working collaboratively with different internal teams to ensure statutory compliance;
* Developing and improving employment law-related compliance processes, policies and guidelines to minimize legal exposure;
* Responding to any statutory audit queries and reviews by regulatory authorities;
* Advising on equal pay claims and overtime law compliance (conducting reviews/ audits, handling claims and administrative appeals)
* Advising on transfer of employment (as a consequence of transfer of undertaking)including review of customer contract clauses, negotiating the same, advising on process of transfer and integration of transferees with minimum risks.
* Responding to customer enquiries and audits related to labour law compliance;
* Identifying areas for employment law-related training and providing such training to HR, employees and management;
* Managing outside labour and employment counsel for cost control and effectiveness;
* Identifying areas of change required in employment law and engaging with appropriate external stakeholders in advocating these changes;
* Performing other related duties as required.
This position will be based in Bangalore and will directly report to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel. And will work closely with other members of the global legal team in EU, US and in India.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Graduate from a top-tier law school and excellent academic credentials
* appropriate level of Relevant post qualified legal experience as a labour and employment lawyer at a top-tier law firm with a large labour and employment practice and/or as an in-house attorney with a significant focus on labour and employment law, preferably with litigation experience
* Hands-on experience managing employment litigation, negotiations, mediations and arbitrations
* Demonstrable technical excellence across a broad spectrum of employment law case
* Ability to function as a self-motivated, diligent, effective strategic labour and employment thought leader providing a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving in a fast-paced, results oriented environment with limited supervision
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with different levels and cultures throughout our multinational organization
* Ability to demonstrate strong negotiation and advocacy skills and hands on experience in negotiations on commercial / Legal clauses in contracts relevant to employment law
* Willingness to travel , as may be required, sometimes frequently