The Head (Acquisitions) is responsible for developing and maintaining business relationship with the Banks/FIs/ARCs/QIBs etc. He is responsible to identify saleable financial assets with lenders. He plays an active role in conduct of due diligence of financial assets, evaluation of underlying assets, site visits and thus the job entails travelling. He finalizes, structures and closes the acquisition transactions. He partners with the finance function for assessing the fund requirement for business.
1. Develop and maintain relationship with Banks/FIs/ARCs/QIBs and other parties to identify deals for acquisition, conduct of due diligence, evaluation of securities by site visits and gathering market information 40%
2. Finalize transactions (Drive bid process, bilateral transactions and respond to RFPs/auctions, negotiations with sellers etc.) for acquisition of financial assets 30%
3. Manage & develop the acquisition team and overall supervision of acquisition process and procedure 20%
4. Lead research/market intelligence initiatives, participate in industry forums, educate stakeholders etc. 10% .
Experience - 10+ years Experience in Banking/ ARC/NBFCs of 5+ years.
Education - Post-Graduation MBA (Finance)/CA
- Analysis of financial statements, techno economic feasibility/viability reports, knowledge of SARFAESI, functioning of DRTs/DRATs and Official Liquidators
- Analytical understanding of Balance Sheet, P& L, Cash Flows, understanding of legal process for resolution of cases, understanding of RBI guidelines for ARCs
- Strong negotiation and analytical skill, transaction structuring and modeling, business and asset valuation, real estate valuation,
- Understanding of E-auction process for distressed asset sale.