The job holder will be responsible for the development, sourcing and buying of the product collection with associated commercial strategy and delivery of each seasonal range assortment as per company trading calendar.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULT AREA
1) Business Planning and Budgeting
* Participate in the annual business planning and provide inputs to the CEO and the rest of the Top management team
* To create an overall product and buying strategy (private vs international brands) for the Concept and analyze Concept strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats vis-a-vis competition and assess market opportunity
* Liaise with the process excellence team to spearhead continual improvement in Buying processes
2) Category Management
* Oversee overall category plans in the areas of pricing, promotion, assortment and allocation for each category ensuring consistency with the company's overall goals and strategies
* Monitor and review the performance of category business plans by using appropriate scorecard for measuring category/brand performance
* Ensure collaboration between category managers to leverage efficiencies in Procurement, transportation, warehousing and store operations
* Develop a seasonal range brief to ensure the right product mix for each store and achieve consistency of presentation.
3) Vendor & Order Management
* Identify, evaluate and select appropriate vendor mix to achieve business objectives
* Negotiate prices with suppliers to ensure competitiveness and achieve/exceed margin target.
* Implement critical path for seasonal collections to ensure timely delivery as per trading calendar requirements.
* Implement financial and credit services agreement with the vendor that maximize profit and positively contribute to cash flow
* The defining and monitoring of SLAs with each supplier to guarantee quality and improve on service level.
4) Quality Control
* Ensure the merchandise procured and received meets the quality standards set by the organization.
5) Product & Trend Development
* Keep abreast of the latest trends in buying and discuss the same with the category Managers from time to time to assess refreshing product mix & portfolio
* Gather information from Industry trade groups or through trade shows/market visits.
6) People Management
* Manage and support recruitment and develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support
* Retain and engage the talent employed and build a collaborative and high performance team
* Age Group (Below 50)
* Must have handled buying budgets of USD. 200 Million+
* 10+ years of international experience in the furniture retailing industry in buying.
* Experience leading a large team for an organization with significant sized consumer operations.
* Complete understanding of buying/sourcing/retail of Furniture, Home Furnishings, & Accessories.
* Excellent supplier relationships
* Past experience and willingness to travel frequently for buying trips.
* 20+ years of experience overall with 15+ years in the furniture industry
* Hands on with Buying & Merchandising
* Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
* Negotiation Skills
* High Cultural Sensitivity
* High Personal Integrity & Ethics
* Sharp Analytical Skills