Purpose of the role:
* Establish, lead and develop a world-class Analytics and Insight team that provides leading edge capability to the future Captive Unit Bank.
* Improve customer understanding/ service, product development and channel capability through expert Analysis, customer insight and market research that supports both Personal and Corporate Banking
* Responsible to the Head if Analytics & Insight (uk) for the people leadership of several centres of excellence spanning possible multiple sites in India
* As part of the Senior Leadership of Analytics & Insight build an integrated, engaged and high performing team, with strong culture of delivery and best-in-class thinking
* Responsible for the development of the Product, Channel, Customer Digital Analytics capability and the Customer Insight and Market research function to support the strategy for the Captive Unit.
* Ensure team delivers high quality actionable analytical outputs to the business which assists decision making, ultimately helping to improve customer channel engagement and service propositions.
* Understand and ensure the established team has a strong understanding of the internal strategy and commercial performance and the external market environment to develop and deliver new analytical outputs.
* Develop short term and long term plans which incorporate people, technical and administrative solutions to deliver required outputs.
* Lead a team of Analysts to deliver actionable business insight ensuring that development plans are clearly defined for each individual, objectives, role profiles and competencies are clearly understood and delivered upon.
* Work with the Head of AI onshore to continually review work stack and proactively engage with the business to ensure that analytical requests are prioritized and delivered within timescale and to a high expectation.
Critical Competencies: skills and abilities required for the role
* Highly numerate with a good analytical mind
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written
* Able to prepare and present reports
* Ability to galvanise support across a wide range of stakeholders.
* Ability to identify and develop solutions and address issues in an efficient and professional manner with excellent planning and organizational skills
* Proven ability to manage multiple analytical request concurrently
* Building & maintaining relationships with key internal & external suppliers
* Achieving Excellence
* Building Understanding & Trust
* Developing People
* Understanding Issues
* Finding Solutions
* Significant leadership experience, with evidence of successfully directing multi-skilled group of teams
* Proven track record of leading technical specialist teams in the areas of Advanced Analytics & Insight
* Excellent understanding of Financial Services and Banking in the UK
* Proven ability to affect change, qualified to degree level or higher in a numeric discipline e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research
* Aware of industry and technological development in areas of coverage including attending and where required, presenting at specialist internal / external conferences
* At least 10 years experience in analytical & insight roles preferably within financial services
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* A very high level of drive, energy and personal commitment to success
Other Significant Role Requirements:
* Strategic thinker with capacity to develop and translate strategy in to practical actions for team
* Sophisticated influencing skills and ability to package and present ideas in a persuasive manner
* Good understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements for a UK Bank
* It is expected that this role will work directly in developing the Rainbow AI offering and as such will be required
to assist in developing, building and testing functions as well as business as usual Analytics requirements
Scope of Role:
* Lead and develop multi-skilled teams totalling approximately 16 people, reporting in to the Head of AI (uk)
* Support the Head of AI in providing leadership to Analysis & Insight Team
* Potential UK travel to understand requirements of internal stakeholders and UK Bank customer needs
* Liaising and working with the other Bank head office and front-line functions
* Statistical and Business Modelling, application to business problems and understanding of research techniques
* Familiarity with the use of latest statistical and analytical programming software e.g. SAS
* Experience in leading teams dealing with multiple data sources from internal or external databases
* Prior experience across analytics tools /systems including SAS, Teradata, SQL. Expert use of Adobe Site Catalyst and knowledge of marketing campaign systems a distinct advantage
* Strong Microsoft application skills
Lead, develop and manage a technical team of 16 driving efficiency improvements in the way we work and ensure we focus on rewarding and recognising the right behaviours
Support the Head of Analytics & Insight to provide leadership across the function
Comply with HR performance processes by setting objectives for any direct reports and conducting mid/full year performance reviews
Work in partnership with HR to recruit, develop and retain high performing staff
Support the talent and succession management process
Ensure all team members complete and pass regular reading & viewing and comply with policy
This role sits within the first line of defence for the Leading Captive Unit risk management. Risk accountabilities for this role include:
* Escalate identified risk in accordance with internal governance and controls
* Adherence to the business continuity plan and incident management
* To be accountable for ensuring you understand, uphold and promote risk relating to your role
* Complies with relevant Policies, testing and certifying (or considers and escalates) the adequacy and effectiveness of the business's controls on a regular basis
* Establishes and documents (or follows and/or maintains) operating procedures which include relevant controls to meet Group and local policy requirements.
* Ensure there are no reputation risk implications as a result of activity within this role