THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO PRESIDENT / SR. VP
TEAM SIZE : HE HAS TO HANDLE AROUND 120 PERSONS TEAM IN QUALITY DEPARTMENT AND 2 EXISTING PLAN, 1 FOR NEW UPCOMING PLANT
The Position is responsible for building quality culture across the organization to achieve business objectives and goals through system based initiatives.
Responsible to improve efficiency of various processes and implementation of quality systems to achieve quality consistency in operations and product quality.
Educational Qualification Ph.D. in chemistry or M. SC in Organic Chemistry
Previous Experience 15 to 20 years , out of which 10 years shall be in capacity as Head of the laboratory.
Industry to be hired from Pharmaceuticals/ Agrochemicals / Pesticide
Skills and Knowledge required * Administration and organisation of quality functions activity related to testing, resource planning to meet business plan and day to day operations.
* Strong understanding about cross contamination, analytics, method validations and ability to perceive risks in operations.
* He shall be able to plan and guide for optimum performance and utilization of laboratory resources instruments like GC/HPLC, Spectrometers through planning and trouble shooting.
* Ability to logically understand and interpret quality standards like ISO 9001 or ISO 17025 etc to enable designing of system and documents.
* Fluency and good understanding of Quality system and international practices and ability to design systems documentation.
* Liaison with external agencies for BIS marking and quality issues.
* Leading the organisation in Quality Management system implementation as MR and Quality manager.
Competencies (Behavioural Skills) required * Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to express objectively and systematically.
* Ability to plan and visualize the impact of changes on organisation and brand image .
* Ability to take independent decisions in line of organisation policy and values.
* Sound analytical skills and aptitude to analyse the quality related issues.
* Develop, design and implementation of various system in the organisation for Quality based on international practices and standards.
* Plan and implementation for initiatives pertaining to:
a) System performance improvements related to Quality Assurance, Quality Control.
b) Assess the practices , build system and control for implementing Contamination prevention system ( CPS) in all areas of operations.
c) Improving the efficiency of existing processes through process automation, reduction in activities and optimum utilisation of resources.
d) Product and packaging quality improvements through bench marking studies.
e) Cost reduction through new formulations , new packaging , optimisation of packaging and rationalisation of practices.
f) Develop alternate approach for testing for optimum utilization of resources and improving operation efficiency.
* Build up pool of personnel with multiple skills in quality functions Develop plan for multi skilling of personnel in quality function for improving efficiency .
* Development of professional skills and knowledge level of employees through planned training to improve operational efficiency and flexibility in Quality function.
Key Results Areas
Quality monitoring for products including new molecule
Implementation of QA - initiatives taken in various areas
System design, development and implementation
Achieving cost savings and quality improvement in packing and product quality
Appropriate budgeting of capital investment and
Control on revenue expenditure
Should have worked in NABL certified organisation. Thorough knowledge of NABL certification process.