The role is responsible to lead the HR function and bring strategic direction and thought leadership from the human resource perspective for the company. The role is responsible for 1100+ employees spread across 5 locations. At each location there are HR manager & HR teams that would report into this position.
* Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
* Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
* Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company.
* Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
* Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
* Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs.
* Maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
* Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health and corporate relations.
* Guiding management and employee action by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.