JOB DESCRIPTION-G.M. (Purchase)
Position : General Manager (Purchase)
Reporting : President (Purchase)
Role of Position : Leading, monitoring and analyzing the team in implementing and achieving the Purchase objectives in-line with corporate growth strategy. He would hold No. 2 position in Materials Management.
* To ensure that all functions related to purchasing /stores are practiced in total conformity with company's objectives and Government rules and regulations.
* Involve in techno-commercial negotiations. Ensure the procurement at the optimum cost to the company.
* Guidance to team members for smooth discharge of day-to-day functions.
* Analysis of demand and supply situation for formulation of sourcing strategy.
* Co-ordination with the Finance Department for fund requirement of the suppliers.
* Sharing of functional information with HOD and Site top management
* Vendor analysis and vendor management
* Co-ordination with sites for their purchase requirement
* To promote better understanding based on mutual respect with supplier community at large and thereby enhance the image of the Company as a professional buyer in the industry.
* Ensure availability of supplies for project requirements as per schedule.
* Implementation and maintenance of systems & procedures related to procurement.
* Proven Negotiation skills.
* Communication skills.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Natural leadership skills/ decision making.
* Auditing skills.
* Time management skills.
* Knowledge of global market in respect of raw materials, components, products and processes.
* Knowledge of latest Purchase and Stores practices.
BE / Diploma (Mechanical).
Diploma in Import-Export Management.
Post graduation diploma in Materials Management.
Experience : Minimum 15-20 years in Purchase function (Minimum 10 years in Road Industry).