The General Manager-Flight Operations is responsible for Crew Planning and Scheduling, Crew Transportation, Crew Accommodations and Flight Operations Administration
1. Oversees Crew Planning and Scheduling, Transportation and Flight Operations Administration.
2.Prepares the daily/weekly/monthly Pilot and Cabin Crew Roster in accordance with the DGCA stipulated regulations.
3. Crew Manpower Planning.
4. Formulates Crew utilization optimization plans.
5. Ensures all Crew Members are current and qualified before rostering on any flight.
6. Develops Rostering & Leave Policy for Flight & Cabin Crew.
7. Sets systems and procedures for compliance of Flight Duty Time Limitations (FDTL).
8. Ensures Transportation of all Crews is completed in a timely and financially responsible manner.
9.Oversees all administrative requirements of the Flight Operations department providing dedicated or shared resources as necessary.
10.Ensures proper pay and leave data is provided to HR for correct and timely pay and leave processing of all Crew Members.
Core Competencies Proficiency Level (Expert/Moderate/Basic):
1. Business & Financial acumen Expert
2. Analytical Thinking Expert
3. Problem solving & Trouble Shooting Expert
4. Communication Expert
5. Team Management & Leadership Skills Expert
6. Strategic Planning Expert
B. Functional Competencies Proficiency Level (Expert/Moderate/Basic)
1. Strong networking in airline operations Expert
2. Understanding of DGCA standards and practices Expert
3. Knowledge of aircraft type, specifications and its operations Expert
4. Airline operational knowledge Expert
5. IT & Systems Expert
6. Strong networking in airline operations Expert
Educational Qualifications (Include additional certificate required, if any)
Necessary - Preferably a Graduate/ holding a CPL
Relevant Experience (Type of roles & duration which an individual should have done in his/her prior experience
- Minimum 15 Years of Aviation experience with at least 5 years in the Management function. OR - With minimum 7000 hours of Total flying experience, current on CAA license and medical. OR - A candidate with a defence background and having reached a substantial position in the defence hierarchy OR
- A minimum 5 years of Management and Training experience with excellent management skills. AND
- An Examiners approval on the fleet type operated by the airline.