Purpose of the Role:
- Heading all manufacturing operations and delivering the budgeted quality, productivity, deliveries, capacity utilisation, maintenance & safety standards, manufacturing costs.
- Must meet customer expectations in terms of service & quality.
KRAs & Specific Roles:
- Delivering forecasted and planned quantity of production outputs SKU wise on a monthly basis ensuring market service levels as defined.
- Ensuring quality control and assurance of RM, in process and finished goods with accountability for cost of poor quality.
- Strict adherence to signed quality & safety standards
- Determining ways and means to improve plant productivity / efficiencies and drive cost efficiencies (tangible) and bring about overall reduction in the cost of production. To this end, ensure appropriate use of costing systems, data and analyses.
- To improve overall equipment utilization
- To ensure machine up-time through planned shutdowns for preventive maintenance and quick turnarounds of breakdowns.
- To ensure capacity utilization, line and labor productivity and plan for capacity expansions ahead of need.
- To ensure CAPEX implementation as per budgets.
- To ensure that the factory team of managers and workmen are in a state of high motivation as evidenced in their problem-solving approach, willingness to stretch and willingness to collaborate with other teams.
- To ensure adequate pipeline of talent and skills for succession by designing and activating a work force career path and plan in collaboration with HR
- To ensure high standards of safety, health, hygiene and effluent treatment. Eliminate occupational hazards and disease and ensure prime health in the work teams.
- Ensure appropriate hygienic factories and transportation to employees.
- Introduction and implementation of world class systems including 6-sigma, quality circles etc.
- Ensure compliance of all legal norms
- Maintain hygiene & cleanliness as per statutory requirements
- To be directly accountable for development of employees reporting to him and next level.
- BE/B.Tech (Chemicals / Polymers / Plastics / Dairy / Foods / Oils) aged 37-48 with 15-28 years experience in manufacturing of chemicals, foods, dairy, paints, plastics, pharma, nutraceuticals and other process industry organisations.
- Must be holding a leadership position and have exposure to modern, automated technology, machinery & manufacturing, ISO.
- Must be exposed to modern management thinking & processes e.g. quality circles, 6-sigma etc.
- Must be currently head of manufacturing of an organisation or division of an organisation having headcount of at least 300.