Reporting to Business and Operations Head - GCC (Based in Dubai). Will be based initially in Mumbai and then move to Dubai
- Lead the Supply Chain Procurement Team by driving efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement in the material procurement process but not limited to the same.
- The position is transnational and is based out of Dubai (Initial 4 to 6 months will be in Mumbai).
- Must possess an excellent technical background and a flair for pre-qualifying vendors and companies from different business verticals to partner/associate with them.
- Person having worked towards catering to Institutional and Government Sectors will be preferred.
- Exposure to contract management will be an additional plus.
- Experience in dealing with the European and CIS markets are a plus.
- Should be able to head the offshore division and manage the day to day administrative activities.
The responsibilities are as under:
- Prepare tender documents as back office work for submission of tenders in Africa.
- Collect quotations from entire globe and prepare tender based on the quotations collected.
- Maintain the validity of prices with suppliers until tender results are known from East Africa which are sometimes very long.
- Ensure supply on award of tender at agreed pricing or better pricing with better terms.
- Providing any support requested from Head office at Tanzania in the form of logistics arrangement for visiting seniors or management from East Africa.
- Procuring any items from India required from group companies at East Africa and exporting them to East Africa.
In your role as a Senior Procurement Manager you will be:
- Utilizing and managing cross functional groups to drive Procurement Cost reductions
- Negotiating agreements and implement robust Strategic Sourcing methods to procure good/materials.
- Supporting top line growth via innovation and delivery of unique and sensitive materials for the Government sectors in Africa
- Create SOP for the offshore division, implement and review them.
- Developing business continuity plans
- Identify, Develop, Locate and implement diversity based suppliers
- Lead and manage the offshore team and develop them.
- Head the Offshore branch and oversee the entire administration there.
- Ability to influence decision makers; exhibit excellent relationship management skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Civil ) MBA preferred with significant experience in supply chain and/or procurement (i.e., manufacturing process, strategic sourcing, negotiating and contracts).
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management is a must.
- Commodity Trading Experience is an additional plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain procedures
- Ability to manage cross functional sourcing teams.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- 15 - 20 years of related experience in organization of repute