- Implementing vision and values of the organisation. Act as the Principal Compliance Officer of the organisation & link between the Company and the Board of Directors and between the Board of Directors and Investors.
- Maintain and improve investors relations. Provide legal support to the Management in India and Overseas. Protect Company's intellectual assets
Purpose of the Role: Heading all Legal & Secretarial affairs of the company in India & abroad. Lead a secretarial & compliance team
KRAs & Specific Roles:
- Provide direction in handling litigation and arbitration on behalf of the enterprise
- Provide guidance to subordinates in conducting research and formulating arguments in variety of cases involving tax authorities, regulatory bodies, company laws, shareholders, intellectual property etc.
- Personally intervene in complex issues and disputes
- Lead legal activities which provide support during strategic ventures for the enterprise
- Negotiation for JVs, M&A, Demergers
- Drafting proposals
- Due diligence
- Closure of deals
- Directs subordinates in various contractual deals
- Act as an Advisory Counsel for the whole group
Candidate Profile: ACS (preferably LLB) with 11-20 years experience as Company Secretary in a large-sized organization with global exposure in handling legal matters and Compliances, Mergers & Acquisitions