The position is based in Mumbai & reports to the M.D.and the Group Legal Head. The position will be a solo operator & have no team leading role. Our clients offer excellent salary/perks as per industry norms & commensurate with experience.
KRAs / Job Profile:
- Will be responsible for leading the organization's legal function supporting India & neighboring countries
- Will be a key member of the senior leadership team.
- Will oversee all legal and compliance matters.
- Will manage relationships with external legal counsel.
- Will counsel business unit leaders on the legal implications of business activities ensuring that the actions meet the current and future needs of the organisation
- Will lead the negotiation and drafting of documents such as NDAs, offers, client agreements, service agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Provide counsel and advice concerning compliance matters and Code of Ethics implementation, including those that impact client offerings as well as day-to-day operations of the businesses.
- Provide counsel and advice on applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
- Provide counsel and advice in monitoring and resolving disputes, litigation, investigations and regulatory matters.
- Provide support and advice relating to the M&A activities within the Region.
- Responsible for directly monitoring all legal work and associated fees associated with outside legal counsel retained to support the organization in any way, to ensure high-quality work performed within budget.
- Provide legal support to management regarding contract issues, client termination decisions and threatened litigation regarding the client service agreements.
- Assert justified claims against third parties and provide defense on unjustified claims against the company.
- Assist with interpretations of and training in the Anti-Bribery Policy)
- Support in any ethics investigations in the Region.
- Provide support on employment and labor law matters (including interactions with workers councils, when necessary), and otherwise support HR activities throughout the organization.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal issues of importance through participation in continuing legal education and membership in appropriate bar and professional associations.
- Provides research, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues.
- Communicate with all relevant external interfaces such as customers, government agencies, lawyers and notaries in the area of responsibility.
- Establish guidelines, concepts and model agreements for all relevant departments.
- Legal graduates with 8-18 years extensive legal experience in a corporate law firm and/or as an in-house counsel with emphasis on contracts, company law and litigation.
- Experience in cross-border & multinational transactions is essential.
- Proficiency in managing compliance matters is a plus.