Server administration, Installation of the product (SAP BO 4.x versions or earlier versions), Installation of service packs, fix packs and Low availability fixes. Setting up SSO, Trusted Authentication, Load Balancers and Security within SAP BO enterprise products, create users, user groups and profiles.
* Live Production support for any SAP Business Objects 3/3.1/4.0/4.1 of the versions.
* Installation and deployment of SAP BO on UNIX and windows OS.
* Basic level understanding of Networks, System OS, Web Servers, Web App Servers and Databases.
* Deployment of web components of SAP BO enterprise products on Apache Tomcat/ Weblogic and Websphere. Working knowledge of web applications, how to deflate and inflate the war files, edit configuration files.
* Basic level of Tomcat / Apache administration. Starting, stopping servers on UNIX based OS, reading log files.
* Configure DSN for reporting databases, adding TNS entries for Oracle Databases, configuring connectivity with SAP BO 4.x to various databases such as Vertica, oracle, SQL.
* Consulted with customers on the use of Business Objects as a business intelligence enabler.
* Configuring web services for Query as web services through dswsbobje.war.
* Basic level understanding of SAMBA, NFS, File-shares, VERITAS or service guard FRS cluster. Mounting/ umounting of drives on UNIX.
* Knowledge about different types of scheduling, destinations to schedules on SAP BO4.x, basic level understanding of report creation and universe designing.
* Monitoring via Admin Tools, Query builder and built in monitoring tool within CMC of SAP BO 4.x versions.