- The Financial Controller reports to the CFO and contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing accounting, implementing and exerting budgetary controls.
- Accounting Financial Planning and Implementation
- Functional areas would include Accounts, finance, Taxation, Legal, Audit, Company Secretary, Treasury Management
- Month End Financials like Balance Sheets, Profit & loss A/c As per Indian GAAP
- SOX and Internal controls
- Prepare the Annual Business Plan and ensures all company expenses are within budgets
- Plan, Implement, Coordinates and Control the budgets to achieve the Annual Business Plan & suggests corrective actions to the CFO in the event of Variances.
- Financial Analysis of all areas relating to P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Business plan/ Budget preparation & Comparisons (Monthly)
- Capital Budgeting and Fixed Assets Accounting
Direct & Indirect Taxation :
- Provide strategic inputs to management including maintenance of management reporting formats and tracking (Corporate Finance).
- Perform feasibility & investment analyses. Review and adapt Company's credit policy
Statutory Compliance :
- Work with Legal team and ensure legal compliance related to financial matters
- Interact with statutory and internal auditors.
- Ensures the timely preparations and audits year end statements as IAS per extant laws & regulations.
- Develops suggestions for tax planning to maximize returns.
- Ensures compliance to all financial and non-financial statutory regulations.
WOC Management :
- Monitors the liquidity and suggests measures in case of variances to the Management
- Assists sales and revenue generating teams in ensuring on-time collections and takes necessary measures to ensure collection of all customer over dues.
- Follow up and ensure funds are received from Corporate by month end.
Fixed Assets and Insurance Management :
- Ensures proper accounting of company's fixed assets including depreciation.
- Advise the CFO on financial implications of replacement/addition of fixed assets.
- Identifies insurance requirements for the company.
- Ensures Company's assets both IT and Non IT are suitably covered by insurance in agreement with CFO
Secretarial Function :
- Conducting and keeping up to date records of Board meetings as required by Law.
- Ensure compliance to all other statutory requirements under Company's Act.
- Require to prepare Presentations/Reviews etc. for all Board Meetings and Group presentations and reviews.
People Management :
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly reviews
- Other MIS reports as required
Job Specification :
- The Financial Controller will need to be extremely detail and process oriented.
- Finance Controller will be expected to operationally and functionally work closely with the Chief Finance Officer.
Qualification for the Job :
- Chartered Accountant with 12 years of working with Media & Entertainment or Telecom / New Media
- Knowledge of SAP - Finance Module Preferable
- Additional qualifications such as CISA, LLB, Lead ISO Auditor, Six Sigma certifications etc. will be an added advantage.
Technical / Job Related Core Competencies :
- Must have thorough knowledge of Accounts Finalization, Direct & Indirect Taxation
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting as per Indian GAAP in SAP
- Knowledgeable of best practices in Finance Department
- Willing to work till late hours (if needed)
Behavioral Competencies :
- Strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills