1. Set up, process and operate the equipment and their respective support equipment utilizing the Packaging Unit (PU) and/or HMI (when assigned). Monitor and maintain uptime, performance, and exceptions utilizing the Packaging Unit Controller (PUC) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Ring Molding
- Vision System
- Tray Loading/Unloading
- Leak Detection
- All conveyor integrations and conveyance
2. Utilize Lean tools (BPMS, Suggestion, 6S, PDCA, etc.) to increase or maintain the effectiveness of operation.
3. Troubleshoot the entire system for the loss of flow on the production line and assist in determining Root Cause and Analyses (RCA).
4. Utilize SAP and MES to process all orders and confirmations.
5. Current: Utilize paper batch records (MMIs) to document all relevant production data as required per specifications.
6. Future: Utilize MES and PUC to address any and all prompts to include all Batch Record Recording (BRR), Cleaning Orders, Exceptions, and Critical Faults.
7. Review Docs (EBR, BPMS, 20/80) to keep up on production status and direction.
8. Maximize efficiency and utilization of resources for effective performance.
9. Work with support groups (Plastics, Weigh/Mix, Warehouse, Quality Control, etc. ) in regards to material supply and movements to include up and downstream processes.
10. Assist Management in tracking production performance factors such as raw material usage, direct labor performance, indirect costs, rejects and waste and areas needing improvement.
11. Under the supervision of Management, train, instruct and guide employees in the proper operation and performance of job duties to assure that good manufacturing practices and standard production operating procedures are followed most effectively.
12. Perform adjustments and minor repairs.
13. Recommend changes to operating procedure to improve quality and efficiency.
14. Maintain area in neat and orderly condition as specified by Shift Supervisor utilizing 6S.
Formal vocational or technical training preferred.
Extensive knowledge or experience with operations of automated systems.
Knowledge of basic computer programs (MS Excel, MS Word, etc.)
Occasionally handle heavy material up to approximately 50 lbs.
Occasionally work in difficult positions.
Work in a manufacturing environment, exposed to moderate degree of noise at intervals throughout the shift (ear protection required).
Highly automated mechanical equipment (safety glasses and safety shoes required).
Candidate must possess a High School diploma or equivalent. One year exposure to mechanical hydraulics and/or electrical and automated systems. Experience with SPC and computer based monitoring and control systems.