Responsible for Project deliveries with quality and on time, Achieving productivity per plan, People development, Customer satisfaction, HOS implementation
* Ensure common methods, techniques, tools and products as agreed by the knowledge communities / Process Owner Group (POG) Leaders are being effectively applied and provide feedback for future improvement. Review with the group to ensure they work in compliance with quality / safety procedures. Identify possible improvement opportunities and manage their implementation.
* Coordinate with front office to ensures that prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, documentation, schedule, budget) are in place prior to start work. Coordinate with operations manager to have necessary tools, licences and resources for work execution.
* Actively reviews and contributes in project lifecycle.
* Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan, ensures effective change control and identifies risks / opportunities. Escalate risk/ issues to operations manager.
* Review with DLs to ensure that the engineered solution meets project requirements by monitoring and controlling assigned scope against the project plan.
* Responsible for meeting productivity / utilization targets, OTTR, Quality, HOS metrics within the engineering team.
* Active participation in Organization initiatives such as Six Sigma, HOS, and MOR.
* Responsible for adherence to HSE Policy and Guidelines within the engineering team
* Responsible for skill monitoring and identification of development needs.
* Responsible to initiate request for feedback from customers and identifying appropriate actions on low rated feedback to improve overall customer satisfaction, taking actions those can be implemented with OM's support if required.
* Impart /Solicit support for technical/soft skills training to teams.
* Responsible for creating required Engineering Process Assets
* Responsible for getting engineering Re-useable used by the teams.
* Root cause Analysis, corrective and preventive actions incase of internal or external defects identified, solicite OM's support wherever required for action implementation.
* Review/ approve the timesheet entry by the engineers in proper buckets
* Review project status report from SAP to ensure proper backlog, Status and OTTR
People management responsibilities:
Motivate people, help negotiate priorities, & to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
* Responsible for ensuring execution excellence in his teams encompassing the processes, continuous improvements, partner satisfaction & capability building in the team
* Participate in selection process, training & retention of team members.
* Proactively provide the future resource requirements within own engineering group for remote engineering, based on business plans and project forecast, technology development, etc.to OM's and get them implemented in a timely fashion with OM's support.
* Ensure group work in compliance with quality / safety procedures. Identify possible improvement opportunities and manage their implementation
* Plan and execute Performance Management process (incl. appraisals)
* Ensure skills deployment and knowledge transfer within and across the engineering teams.
* Share lessons learnt while executing a project across engineering teams
Bachelor degree in engineering
* Typically requires 10-12 years of experience
* PMI Certification (preferred)
* Capable of leading large teams, 3 to 5 people, often multi-discipline and more than one project at a time.
* HVAC Domain (Essential) -Design engineering and or application software engg
* Fire/ Security domain (additional plus -preferred)