An excellent opportunity engulfs you with one of our most renowned clients
Designation: Middleware Enginner/Senior Engineer
Experience: 2-5 years
Middleware Enginner/Senior Engineer
India - Bangalore
The Middleware Engineer will provide critical support to our On- boarded Cloud customers and will work to ensure that the support service for on boarded customer runs smoothly.
A candidate with good exposure and expertise on managing enterprise middleware infrastructure on various server platforms (preferably Linux). He/She should have an excellent working knowledge of Operation & Production Support with large mission critical systems setup with multiple technologies and platforms including Apache HTTPD, HAProxy, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, Linux/Unix, etc.
The main responsibilities of our Middleware Engineer include:
- Responsible for setting up, configuring, supporting and managing the web platform (i.e. Tomcat, Apache) environment to ensure system reliability.
- Incident Management, Problem Management and Configuration management.
- Responsible of Application deployment, maintenance window, system upgrades and troubleshooting application issues.
- Escalation handling and SLA Management.
- Design, implement and manage enterprise web infrastructure.
- Perform Regular Architecture reviews and provide recommendations.
- Prepare SOPs and Runbooks
- Enable team to support customers as per ITIL process
- Enable the team on the newly onboarded customer's architecture & technology
- Define, review, document and implement the customer's requirements
- OS: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6/x, CentOS 5.x/6.x, Ubuntu, Debian etc.)
- Web Servers: Apache HTTPD, NGinx, HAProxy
- Application Servers: Tomcat (6.x/7.x), JBoss (5.x/6.x), WebLogic (9.x/10.x)
- Protocols: DNS, SSL, HTTP(S), LDAP, SMTP
- Scripting/Languages: Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, SQL
- Monitoring: Nagios, Cacti, ManageEngine
- Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong hands-on experience on various linux platforms. Good knowledge of linux shell scripting for automation of regular activities.
- Extensive experience in Administration, design and architecture of enterprise applications using Apache HTTPD, HAProxy, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, MySQL etc.
- Proficient in Architecture, Installation, Setup, Configuration, Administration and Troubleshooting of J2EE Application Servers (Tomcat 6.x/7.x, JBoss 5.x/6.x, WebLogic 9.x/10.x) and Web Servers (Apache HTTPD 2.x, HAProxy 1.5).
- Must be involved in configuring and managing J2EE Enterprise Applications on various platforms in a highly available and clustered environment.
- Working knowledge of JVM performance analysis using garbage collection logs, heap dumps, thread dumps and JVM parameters. Good hands-on experience with adjusting JVM Heap Size and Garbage Collector parameters during performance monitoring and performance tuning.
- Extensive experience with configuring and administering clusters, connection pools, application deployment (WAR, JAR, SAR and EAR) in a clustered environment.
- Experience in Architectural Design, Implementation and periodic testing and support of Web Environments with respect to Load Balancing, High Availability, Failover and Disaster Recovery.
- Expertise in migration and upgradation of application servers, updating JDK versions, applying patches and installing service packs. Proficient in designing, planning and implementation of zero down time rolling upgrades and migrations using replication and load balancing technologies.
- Extensive experience in configuring and managing secured environments using SSL and digital certificates.
- Experience in enterprise software monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti, OpsView, ManageEngine.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Understanding of cloud computing e.g. AWS, Azure, and Google etc. will be an advantage.
Note: Looking for immediate or 7-15 days notice period