A qualified Bridge Engineer is now required to enhance our Norwich Civils / Bridges team, you will be working on railway and highway projects using Eurocodes as well as British Standard, Highway Agency and Network Rail codes. You will get involved on a range of small to large projects, for both Public and Private sector clients. The role will be challenging, varied and demanding while offering fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. You will be required to work autonomously within a growing team carrying out a variety of bridge design projects. You will also be required to manage projects.
Further attributes of this role include:
- Responsibility for all aspects of assigned project work
- Engage throughout all phases of project, from bidding to completion
- Adility to work on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions.
Types of commissions include inspection, assessment, feasibility studies, refurbishment, strengthening and new build design.
We are looking for a Chartered Bridge engineer. Candidates will have extensive experience in Highway projects (rail experience an advantage) and have a personal interest in Bridge Engineering which will be utilised across a broad range of engineering projects.
You will need have :-
- Experience of a range of bridge engineering solutions
- CEng, MICE or similar
- Competency with both Britsh Standards, Highways Agency, Network Rail and Eurocode design standards
- Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle
- Proven team management experience, with the ability to lead and mentor graduates
- Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
- A strong technical focus
- Strong IT skills
- Capability to work to budgets, deadlines and work autonomously when required to ensure delivery to meet client expectations - Hands on analysis and design experience - Willingness to travel within UK and potentially overseas for short durations
- Eligible for baseline UK security clearance
- Full clean UK driving licence
Position Location : Norwich