Looking for people only from Power plant engineering background.
* Comply with the Quality and EHS policies from the project, business, unit and corporate within the own area of responsibility;
* Ensure a coordinate approach in all areas with the other design engineering Activities;
* Ensure that the design of his Engineering function is according to the applicable rules, regulations codes and standards and according to good engineering practices especially with regard to Environmental aspects and Health & Safety of Site Personal, Operators, Maintenance personnel and third parties.
* Prepare / Conceive overall plant layout to suite contract / site requirements, having inter-discipline coordination knowledge.
* Independently applies standard design techniques, procedures and criteria acquired through extensive project work experience.
* Holds adequate skills in the operation of design aiding IT tools and provide support and guidance to the subordinate team members.
* Familiar with the Products & Equipment. Basic knowledge of the power plant process, piping design and with the civil design & steel structures.
* Experienced in the application of 3D Software tools (3D review software, AutoCAD / MicroStation).
* Prepare and review general arrangement drawings, plant plans, civil guide drawings, piping arrangement drawings etc. considering maintenance, operation and cost aspects etc., in accordance with instructions, specifications, standards, etc. as per the schedule maintaining quality.
* Estimate preliminary loads to release early the civil & steel structures detail design.
*Sound knowledge on constructability & maintainability aspects of power plant design.
* Check & comment external documents.
* Manage & check the interface data (type, dimensions, location)
* React to any missing information.
* Ensure experience feedback from the project. Help to solve the closeout of the punch item.
* Manage the team in charge of the engineering scope of supply and/or services assigned to him/her.
* Support the local engineering managers in identifying the need for Training of the Local Engineers for the efficient and effective application of Engineering tools / procedures.
* Make the contract review and issues risk sheets, design reviews needs, concepts needs.
* Preparation of capacity planning and subsequent staffing according to the project requirements.
* Conduct start-up meeting with the assigned engineers / designers.
* Coordinate with the Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager and other projects LE the information workflow and mitigate in case of problems.
* Ensure fulfilment of design, quality, constructability and functionality of this scope of supply and services at the best cost according to the project and contractual requirements.
* Ensure by pro-active follow-up "on-time" delivery of material.
* Identify, plan and conduct Design Reviews and the Design Freeze and ensure that corrective actions defined by the Design Reviews are closed on time.
* Support the PM / Project Engineering Manager to achieve the cost targets together with purchasing, for the complete scope of supply and service for the project.
* Follow-up capacity planning and ask his/her line management for adaptation of manpower according to the needs. Inform PM / PEM of any difficulties.
* Ensure experience feed back from the project to the Lesson Learn System.
* Support the site; ensure processing of NCR's.
* Compile the project documentation and organize a proper archiving of all projects relevant documents with the applicable tools.
* Take care of As-Built documentation.
* A Mechanical Engineering Diploma / Degree from an Engineering College of repute. Membership to the Institute of engineers, India (AMIE) or equivalent.
* Having overall experience of more than 16 years in the layout and arrangement design for large coal based thermal / combine cycle power plants in project environment.
* At least 5 - 10 years engineering & design experience in layout and arrangement design engineering and have good knowledge appropriate to the technical activity involved, including interface clarification beyond this activity;
*Good skills in the use of computer and applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint etc.).
* Should have detail knowledge of physical design aspects of various systems of power plant, plant layout
* Is fluent in English (written and spoken) and able to lead negotiations in English;
* Has shown the ability to plan, organize and co-ordinate well, to delegate and supervise accordingly;
* Communicates well, enjoys personal contact.
* "Customer Focus" minded.
* Ready and willing to accept changes (Learning capability, openness to innovations, flexibility, self-criticism).
* Hands on experience to work in 3D model architecture for plant design.
Preferable skills / Experience
* Experience exchange with the several execution centers
* Know how for PDS / SP3D or PDMS
* Minimum Diploma Engineering Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
* 16--21 years of experience in the Field of piping design & Engineering for major Fossil Fuel / Gas based Power Plants in total.
* Ideally thereof 5 -- 10 years in the lead role.
* To have Specific Knowledge about the relevant international codes and standards; overseas projects.