* Follow in full the document control and QA processes relevant to project work, ensuring drawings, specifications, reports and correspondence are issued, and filed / archived in an appropriate manner
* Assist others in compiling design specification within given deadlines including checking compliance with the project brief through calculation and cross reference of manufacturers literature; ensuring all relevant standards and guides are used as reference with the design specification
* Organise and carry out detailed design to Clients and B Regulations standard ensuring CDM, QA and technical review and sign off by project leader, including complex calculations and co-ordination issues
* Organise and undertake technical calculations to industry standards in conjunction with team members; supervise the work of team members to ensure the delegated work is completed to deadlines / standard and report to the project leader any issues, risks or client changes
* Prepare elemental work for project budget costing as delegated by the senior team member, within agreed deadlines and standards
* Deal with the day to day queries from the Clients ME Team, ensuring that relevant information is available on time for construction activity
* Contribute to and question technical and construction issues and encourage and help the trainees to better understand the design process
Determine appropriate software for Computer Aided Design, construct models and undertake analysis and manual checks.