* Assists software developers with creating/updating solutions, including defining XML document updates and XPath/XQuery issues.
* Design and optimize XML schemas, XQueries, indexes, entity extraction, search strategies, SVM classes, lexicons, and thesauri for use in MarkLogic or Other XML/XQuery Database technologies
* This position would be involved in our production support on-call rotation 24/7.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to developers. This support will involve effective communication, escalations on bugs, issues, and or identifying anomalies to developers for their corrective actions for all production and non production releases (This task is a continuous effort throughout the SDLC)
* Assume primary ownership for the development requests submitted and work with the application team and DBA manager on prioritization.
* Create and maintain scripts to automate tasks such as setting up and refreshing DEV, QA, and Production database environments.
* Provide technical services to monitor and maintain environments (production, development, and test databases) running on firm's strategic platforms including periodic software upgrades and migration of NoSQL or BigData technologies.
* Document operational or newly engineered solutions properly to educate and inform DBAs and support teams.
* Provide day-to-day support of high OLTP HA of NoSQL or BigData database technologies
* Implement and support Administration tasks such as Backup and recovery procedures, performance tuning and administration of the database instances and data replication technologies while supporting the development, test, and production environments.
* Identify root causes of production problems and work with developers to circumvent and resolve such problems.
* Log, schedule and track all changes using change management system tools.
* Responsible for all corrections to the database infrastructure and for repairs to the system or database.
* Minimum 5 years of Full Development Life Cycle experience in OLTP and/or DW projects using any SDLC methodologies.
* 3+ years database administration experience with a large scale NoSQL/BigData or MarkLogic XML/XQuery database technologies in multi-node clustered environments including replication and security.
* 3+ years experience in query performance and tuning, reviewing, writing and debugging, tuning complex data structures.
* 1-5 years' experience with HTML, XHTML, XSLT, XML, XML Schema specifications, parsing, and transformation technologies, including XPath and XQuery
* 3+ years windows VBScript, Perl, Python and Ruby scripts
* Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java and/or C#.
* Experience with designing ETL to transform XML documents
* 3+ years experience in physical characteristics such as design, data partition, efficient indexes, storage allocation, capacity planning etc.,
* Experience with Linux / Unix platforms & good experiencing with Linux shell scripting.
* Display strong ability in troubleshoot complex issues, problem solving and analytical, time management, written and communication skills, decision making, interpersonal relationship skills
* Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills and experience with communicating with teams across the globe.
* Highly motivated with a commitment to quality service
* Must be able to accurately estimate project resources and accurately project completion timelines
* Experience in MarkLogic/MongoDB is highly desirable
* Experience in Datameer/R/Knime is highly desirable
* Experience in SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS technologies is desirable.
* Working in large environments, experience with versioning control, ClearCase, CVS, SVN
* Knowledge in Healthcare industry/HL7
* Knowledge of the NetApp , EMC DMX VMAX CX, HP storage systems
* Experience with programming web applications with Java, specifically with Servlets and JSP.
* Experience hosting applications in multiple data centers utilizing replication technologies.