As an Engagement Manager you will be closely working with the Senior Management Team to lead practice development including project delivery in the Growth domain, as well as solutioning and POC (proof of concept) development. You will need to collaborate with practice heads and VP-Operations to provide data-driven and analysis-rich deliverables deriving strategic insights as per the client requirements. Engagement Managers are expected to drive as well as assist with business development activities and provide thought leadership. Possess deep subject matter knowledge to lend additional credibility and add value at all stages and levels.
In addition, you will be responsible for managing consulting team members as a career manager and be a key contributor to drive other organizational responsibilities.
You would typically be working on multiple projects, responsible for end-to-end project delivery. You will need to ensure that we provide fact-based strategic and tactical insights to our clients. You will be working closely with your project teams to guide them to conduct in-depth secondary research and primary research, apply analysis techniques and derive interesting and meaningful insights for our clients.
You may be required to travel within India/ overseas (typically emerging markets) for client meetings/ primary research.
* Manage projects from resource mobilization to first contact to final delivery and ensure adherence to scope, timelines, budgets, quality standards, and risk management to ensure customer delight
* Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the Industrial practice area; provide thought leadership internally as well as to clients, including overall guidance, mentoring and supervision to the team
* Coach team with respect to conducting primary and/or secondary research and validate findings of team members
* Review project plans as well as deliverables and validate insights and strategic recommendations by the teams. Ensure the teams are:
o Validating the data obtained, and analysingit to extract insights and identify patterns (qualitative as well as qualitative)
o Developing proxies and triangulations for difficult-to-get data points
o Identifying trends, patterns and insights and applying them to arrive at solutions/ recommendations
* Overall supervision and management of project - ensuring project process adherence, TATs and compliance standards
* Over-manage client communication process including understanding requirements, expectation management and delivering quality outputs
* Manage partner relationships (as applicable)
* Manage and deepen client relationships, also identify further business opportunities with existing clients
Business Development and Solutioning
* Actively contribute to the business development process, support sales teams in closing deals by participating in client calls and pitching solutions
* Design solutions based on client's requirements; define engagement structure including resource requirements, project travel, effort estimates and proposal pricing strategies
* Develop proof of concept of the solution (if required)
Practice and Organizational Development
* Work with Senior Management Teams to define practice's vision and mission
* Assist in development and building of the practice team
* Collaborate with senior management in development and enhancement of knowledge nuggets and thought pieces, methodologies and frameworks, website content development, etc. Also build sales collaterals such as whitepapers and capability decks
* Monitor competitor activity and competitor strategies to benchmark firm's performance and identify improvement areas
* Manage practice specific vendors (database vendors, primary research partners etc.)
* Career manager for the consulting team
* Lead and motivate all resources in the team, define their career goals and progression, retention management, including practice specific training and development initiatives
* Actively participating in organization-building activities such as hiring, process improvement & tracking, growing client accounts, etc.