To provide 3 rd level Storage Management services and product support for various EMC Storage Arrays - namely Clarion, Symmetrix and DMX, supported storage solutions across various accounts.
Duties include :
. Maintain and Manage various storage solutions.
. Provide 3rd level technical support, guidance and direction for products supported.
. Analyse and resolve escalated problems.
. Ensure integrity of supported environment.
. Actively and pre-emptively determine possible faults and causes by the execution of pre-determined health and operational checks.
. Manage and resolve problems identified by sys admins or monitoring software Work with change and problem management tools
* Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison
* Liaise with customer accounts as required
. Analyse and resolve escalated problems within target.
Investigate, identify and document proposals that will improve application recoverability.
. Document and implement changes to technical standards as required.
* Change and problem management targets are exceeded
* Ensure that customer satisfactory levels are exceeded
. Has applied knowledge in the Administration of HP/ Solaris / AIX Unix systems in a large commercial environments
. Has applied knowledge of SAN, and various EMC products - namely Clarion, Symmetrix and DMX.
. Provide recommendations to improve the SAN infrastructure, and address/lead critical issues and root cause analysis
. Proven track record in the implementation and execution of documented support processes and can direct others in same.
. Has applied knowledge in the administration of windows NT/2000 and Linux systems
Technical Skills :
. Has exposure to McData Fibre Channel Switches, Brocade Swiitches, Cisco Switches.
. Has worked on Navisphere Manager, EMC Symmetrix CLI ( Solutions Enabler ), EMC Control Centre ( ECC ).
. Is proficient with viewing Symmetrix configuration data using Solutions Enabler and ECC.
. Proficient with daily tasks which include lun mapping and masking, setting symmetrix port flags
Non Technical Skills:
* Must have proven team working skills balanced with ability to work alone .
* Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information.
* Fluency in English is mandatory.
* Desire to obtain formal certification in product set supported.
* At least 4 years experience in EMC SAN,
* At least 3 years experience in NAS infrastructure
* At least 2 years experience in DR implementation
* At least 2 years experience in VMAX
* At least 2 years experience in Log
* At least 2 years experience in DMX
* At least 2 years experience in Netback up
* At least 2 years experience in Windows