As a senior member of the Wireless Products Group, the candidate will be responsible for validation and characterization of future 32-bit micro-controller based 802.11n Wifi products. This position is hardware, software, and lab analysis oriented. The candidate will actively participate in data collection and analysis, develop validation plans and reports, and represent the validation team throughout the product development process. Additional responsibilities include assisting junior engineers in data collection, assisting in critical debug activities, and leading process improvements. The candidate must be a team player, self-motivated, possess good communication skills, able to work in a fast paced challenging environment, and work with cross-functional teams across different sites.
Validate and perform characterization testing for our new 32-bit microcontrollers.
Develop test fixtures and device test programs to guarantee data sheet specifications.
Skilled use of standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, meters, power supplies, and other measurement instruments.
Work independently and provide technical direction for junior team members.
Interface with and support Design, Verification, Applications, Product & Test Engineering, Marketing, and other design organizations.
Develop validation requirements and validation test plans for both peripherals and full chip SOC operation based on device specifications and design requirements.
Validate and debug Silicon in support of product release.
Develop and improve automated validation bench setups and scripts.
Bring up validation test boards, bench setups, and independently collect data and debug issues.
Direct and/or make necessary changes to hardware boards and test setups to correct issues quickly and minimize the validation cycle time.
Extensive experience in post silicon validation, able to automate the validation process to reduce the overall validation cycle time.
* 8+ years experience in post-silicon validation of digital SOCs.
* Solid experience validating microcontrollers , good knowledge of microcontroller architecture and preferably a working knowledge of MIPS architecture and instruction set.
Strong experience in C programming language and Assembly Language.
Strong experience in one or more scripting languages -- Perl/Python/TCL/etc.
Solid understanding of Key Peripherals: USB, Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C, CAN, UART, TIMERS, etc.
Solid understanding of SOC infrastructure involving Power-Management, clock distribution, and emulation.
* Excellent engineering documentation skills, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
* Well organized, methodical, and detail oriented.
* A self-motivated team player who can work with various cross-functional groups across different sites.
* BSEE/BSCE minimum, MSEE/MSCE preferred from an accredited engineering school.
* Experience validating analog IP is a plus.
* Exposure to LabVIEW is a plus.