We are looking to fill a permanent position for an electrical engineer for the rail signals group for our office in downtown Montreal. The candidate will be involved in various different projects within the team.
- Analyze, design and approve electrical diagrams for railway installations.
- Ensure that the electrical installations comply with the standards and codes.
- Select the appropriate electrical equipment based on the required projects and bids received.
- Prepare work plans for testing of railway signaling systems by industry and company standards.
- Make the design of signaling systems under the direction of the project manager and participate in testing of systems when they are placed in operation.
- Coordinate and develop projects in railway signaling based on customer needs.
- Monitor the timing and completion of the work.
- Participate in the preparation of specifications and technical reports.
- Perform data analysis, interpret them, make summaries and reports.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the tasks are completed according to the schedule.
- Perform any other related duties that may contribute to the projects.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years experience in electrical engineering.
- Being a member of the OIQ. - Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
- Experience in the design or implementation of railway signaling systems.
- Experience in cost estimation for public or private infrastructure projects.
- Technical experience in work planning and implementation timelines.
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in French and English.
- Be prepared to travel occasionally on different sites in Quebec and North America.
- On-site working experience is an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in order to meet the objectives of cost, quality and time.
- Ability to link and follow up with the various parties involved in the process.
- Time management skills and be able to adapt to change.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.