Main purpose of the role
* This is an exciting opportunity to shape the Quality, Predictability, and Productivity profile for a market leading business, developing medical devices for the home and institutional environments, working closely with healthcare professionals, social services, and other organizations, to assist elders in living safely and independently in their homes.
Key Areas of responsibility
* This Hardware Engineer will be a member of the technical staff in the Philips Home Monitoring Engineering Department and be involved in the maintenance of the Philips Lifeline product line.
* This engineer will work from a Philips India site, and work closely with engineers, product
managers, Quality & Regulatory engineers, and legal staff in Framingham (Boston) Massachusetts in the investigation, analysis and formal reporting, and root cause determination of field failure reports. This will provide a unique opportunity to learn a new product line, and directly benefit the business and its users, while developing a knowledge base required for further expansion of the India team in future development and regional localization projects.
* The engineer will analyze field failures, formally document the findings in accordance with business and US FDA requirements, participate in meetings with US leaders, and follow up on action items according to best practices and FDA compliance
Qualifications and experience
* B.E / B- Tech (Electronics /Telecommunication/ Electrical)(must have)
* Experience 5 - 8 years
* Good understanding of analog and digital circuits
* Good basic understanding of RF circuits
* Good understanding of embedded firmware
* Proficiency in English language, written and verbal
* Experience in trouble shooting, documentation, and communication
* Ability to work remotely and independently
* Ability to clearly separate evidence from hypothesis
* Ability to compare and analyze two (or more) machine generated event logs with other human
* written events
* Ability to read and comprehend subtle field reports
* Ability to digest the situation and (quickly) define a theory that explains it.