Process Overview :
- Middle Office, as part of CIB Operations, provides support to a wide range of external and internal businesses. It also provides the best-in-class operational processing capabilities across all asset classes.
- The team has responsibilities for supporting the sales and trading activities across the globe from a Reconciliation and Control perspective. The team's main goal is to maintain daily controls and proactively improve processes- controls.
- We are specifically seeking people who have knowledge in trade support and control with at least 3-5 years- experience.
Product Coverage :
- Derivatives, Securities, Bonds, Convertible bonds, stock borrow and loan, equity swaps, interest rate swap, OTC options, FX, Listed Options, Futures, Forwards, Variance Swaps, CDS and other Structured derivative products.
Min Required Qualifications / Experience :
- Graduate with 8-10 years of experience in an investment banking environment, preferably in Middle Office / Trade Support
- Degree holder in Finance / Economics or other related disciplines (preferable)
- Strong proficiency with PC software. Knowledge of MS VBA and SQL would be an asset
Shift Timings :
- APAC Shift [6am IST to 4pm IST] - supporting mainly HK region and need to work this time zone due to need for coverage of SOD tasks [before market open]
- Flexibility for travel to APAC location for period of 2-3 months within short notice
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Maintain oversight of daily controls and reconciliation functions for derivative & cash trades
- Investigate exceptions and liaise with multiple teams across Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office and technology teams to get the exceptions resolved
- Perform root cause analyses on new issues or control gaps
- Escalate issues for any urgent matters or assistance
- Overseeing the data gathering process, analyze the data and report MIS utilizing the various data source
- Produce time sensitive daily reports with actionable data to Front Office, Middle Office or Back Office for break resolutions
- Provide detailed business control metrics to management on a daily basis
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all global teams and be an SME on Reconciliations and Controls
- Continuously participate in projects involving; new product rollout, new system implementation, process improvements, etc.
- Ensure all controls and checks are completed on End of Day
- People management and ability to drive large program initiatives.
Skill sets required :
- Proven management record
- Strong product knowledge; thorough understanding of the end to end transaction cycle for derivative products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Individual should have been in a role that required daily and extensive communication directly with FO Sales & Marketing groups
- Ability to drive results through a "hands-on" approach
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with time critical deliveries
- Control mindset to identify process control gaps, prioritize & mitigate operational risk
- Excellent time management skill and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Proactive in problem solving and developing solutions.
- Ability to respond to a changing environment.
- Be innovative and suggest system improvement capabilities.
- Ability to multi task, ensuring the trades are booked correctly, breaks are resolved and MIS being sent to managers on deadlines.
- Solid business judgments and positive attitude
- Creates and/or contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility
- Good understanding of downstream impact of actions undertaken, particularly the requirement for strong and timely controls throughout the life cycle of the trade