1. Provide strategic direction for procurement categories in order to ensure that the procurement strategy meets the business needs
2. Ensure a procurement management approach of a specified portfolio expenditure to meet over category savings target
3. Lead and project manage a range of sourcing activities in support of the category plan
4. Drive consultation processes with BU Heads and Plant Heads and BU Materials Head to ensure procurement activities mirror actual service requirements
5. Develop a suitable contract database and protocol for ongoing supplier management including the ongoing creation, rationalization and management of suppliers along with a clear contractor overview highlighting key contracted information
6. Support the business in its endeavour to monitor suppliers performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and service level agreements
7. Develop critical supplier relationships by ensuring that all concerns raised by the supplier is addressed promptly and more opportunities are created for the supplier to expand its business.
8. Design appropriate reporting and monitoring mechanisms that clearly highlight cost savings achieved by category/ supplier and validate supplier performance and concerns