Qualification: BE in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering
Relevant Experience: 8+ years in OEM and/or Tier-1 supplier (Brake Supplier)
- Technical expertise in relevant domain (worked on minimum 2 complete program launches)
- Development of component and subsystem design functional objectives (FO), DVP&R and DFMEA
- Good understanding of vehicle FO and inter-dependence with Chassis sub-system performance
- Work exposure to CAD Tools (UG/NX) to design, adapt, package for subsystem and full vehicle configuration.
- Work exposure to proactive and reactive problem solving and quality tools.
- Good knowledge of vehicle EBOM and Team Center.
- Exposure to design alternatives/benchmarking.
- Hands on experience of CAD packaging of various Chassis sub systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and take decisions independently
- Motivated self-learner
- Attention to detail
- Strong written, communication and negotiation skills
- Team Player and mentor
- Ability to work and collaborate with diverse technical and operational groups
Domain Specific Requirements:
System definition and sizing of brake components. Packaging and routing. Calculation of brake performance parameters. Integration, pedal effort calculation, pedals stroke, booster sizing, brake configuration, regulatory requirements. Brake performance testing on the vehicle and test plan and DVP&R execution. Adaptation and standardization of off the shelf components. Root cause analysis for NVH, durability issues. Plant build support.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Design Feasibility & Release, Supplier Kick-off
- Design Verification and Validation, Supplier Management,
- Tooling Design/Development
- Mule/VP Vehicle Build Support
- PS (Pre-Series) and Job-1 Vehicle Builds
- Commercial Launch and Post-Launch Support Program Maintenance Product Quality Improvement Initiatives