Director - Development - NGO
- 5 - 6 years of relevant work experience / previous experience managing large projects and teams to successful outcomes / previous experience working in development/education sector (preferred)
- The Director of Development will lead the fundraising efforts to support expansion and growth of Teach For India's Fellowship program over the next 5-10 years.
- The Development Director will report directly to and work closely with the leadership team of Teach For India (CEO / COO) on setting and executing a high level development strategy, managing a team of talented development professionals, and managing a portfolio of donors and prospects.
- To be successful, the Development Director must be a critical thinker who is able to set a bold vision, develop strategies and an operating plan to achieve this vision, and then skillfully manage team execution to achieve results.
- This individual must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment and possess an exceptionally high level of personal responsibility for achieving ambitious results.
a) Creating the long range national, regional development vision, annual strategic and operating plans to ensure that national and regional teams maximize opportunities, meet their goals, and significantly grow funding while building long-term sustainability.
- Set ambitious yet feasible revenue, donor quantity and retention benchmarks to achieve both immediate (current FY) and mid-term (next 3-5 years) development goals. The goal for fiscal year 2016-17 is to raise INR 64 crores.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactical plans to achieve goals for different donor segments.
- Regularly assess team-wide progress to goals, identifying what is driving and impeding progress, developing solutions to address gaps, and adjusting course as necessary.
b) Managing a development team of 6-7 full time staff nationally and the extended regional staff members to ensure progress towards their goals and develop them as professionals.
Specifically coaching and developing the team to :
- Build and execute strong strategic plans for their donor portfolio thereby building strong donor relationships, increasing donor renewal and upgrade rates, and expanding the donor base.
- Prioritize the right actions for the City Directors to take in order to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects and prepare/support City Directors to execute these actions.
- Conduct excellent donor interactions and communications (i.e., events, meetings, newsletters, grants)
- Develop and maintain strong operations (i.e., donor tracking systems, data management, meeting prep and download systems, gift processing)
- Cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of donors through meetings, events, and correspondence.
The funding sources include Foundations (Godrej Foundation, Thermax Social Initiatives Foundation, Dr. Reddy's Foundation etc), Corporates (like Bank of America, Credit Suisse, BNP Paribas Securities, Deloitte, KPMG, Genpact, Omidyar Network etc), High Net-worth Individuals, Events, Alumni Giving, Public Sector Units, Events, Online, Retail etc.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in any field
- 5 - 6 years of relevant work experience;
- Previous experience managing large projects and teams to successful outcomes
- Previous experience working in development/education sector (preferred)