Fast paced internet market place startup dealing in home dcor and lifestyle product, fueled by leading international VC, driven by passion, openness simplicity and values. Open culture, no wall no barriers no frills comes in between rather call it across the room to each other then stand on a ceremony. Open communication happens this way,
They are fast paced. Work hard. They are informal and clear about values. Passionate about what they do.
If this sounds like the culture you carve we want to hear from you.
The Director Retail will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of the Retail Store sales & processes including Communications, Operations, Revenue Generating items, Report Analysis, expansions, Vendor Management, and Facilitation of field training. Additionally, this person will control expenses in all of these categories.
* Spearhead the sales and operation of the retail LOB nationally, and will be responsible for the P&L.
* Develop a multiple year strategic operating plan for the company that meets the needs of the retail executive leadership team / business growth
* Direct store operations to achieve operating budget goals and company sales targets to ensure company profitable
* Advise the leadership team on strategic business development and key field planning issues that relate and impact the operations of the company
* Ensures senior management is proactively kept abreast of potential problems, schedule difficulties, team Member issues and/or client issues
* Takes the lead on productivity, monitoring work performance and efficiency of direct reports to ensure projects are executed effectively and within budget.
* Make business expansion road map and impact strategy
Sales strategy and operation
* Will spear head sales function for the line of business, make sales strategies in line with the organization goals
* Set sales target for the team
* Manage the sale and operation team.
* Channel strategy, channel partner management
* Sales compensation
* Exclusive sales outlet management
* Partner profitability
* Sales capability enhancement
* Sales budget
* Brand management
* Marketing communication
* Negotiation with agencies
* Marketing budget
Work closely with central SCM team.
* Role model people leadership and development via consistent and productive coaching; provide guidance and development to direct reports / Field teams on business goals and development plans
* Provide operational expertise, leadership and coaching to the senior field leadership team
* Refine store practices that lead to exceptional levels of customer service
* Provide counsel and direction in all store operating matters
* Utilize field and corporate resources to strategically improve company and store(s) performance
* Direct and coordinate the successful opening of new stores/operations, store remodel projects, and special events to promote store sales
* Monitor policies and procedures in the field to ensure compliance and eliminate risk
* Ensure implementation and execution of corporate marketing/visual programs in the stores
* Coordinate/streamline communication from multiple corporate departments i.e.; Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Store Operations etc. to the field to ensure the company vision is clear and workload is manageable
* Manage Retail Operations Sr. Analyst, Store Operations Manager, Stores Manager
Experience and Skills:
* Ability to effectively influence the senior leadership team and core team
* Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and store operations
* Knowledge of retail operations / omni-channel and an ability to provide a high level of customer service utilizing a very productive business model
* Superior understanding of an organizations goals and objectives
* Must have demonstrated ability to effectively lead a field retail team for large business
* Proven success in implementing comprehensive training programs
* 8-10 years experience managing and/or directing store based operations
* 5+ years experience working in the Retail, FMCG, Durable, E-commerce
* Indirect supervision of support functions (Finance, Human Resources, Training, Marketing, Real Estate, and Store Design)
* Multi-Channel expertise a plus
* Experience in strategic planning leading to store level execution
* Minimum of one year overseeing organizational human resources activities
BE/ B.Tech, MBA/PGDM from countries premier institutes (top 10 ranked)