- Ownership of IT business client relationships
- Development of audit programs (based on a risk based approach) and management of audit projects that effectively utilize Internal Audit resources throughout the year
- Monitor progress of multiple simultaneous projects and take necessary action to meet target completion dates and ensure timely completion of audit reports
- Provide supervision, guidance and training for all auditors
- Capable of understanding processes and related risks
- Provide oversight and direction to audit staff on audit engagements which includes, but is not limited to, evaluation of risk assessments, audit work plans, audit programs, audit testing and internal audit reports
- Performs critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audit teams for multiple concurrent projects
- Communicate with senior business leaders on audit results and operational risks
- Communicate regularly with the VP, General Auditor for the purpose of achieving specified Internal Audit goals and objectives
- Mentor audit staff members and monitor that their work product for conformity with department policies and Auditing Standards established by the Institute of Internal Audit
- Identify any weaknesses in processes, investigate opportunities for cost savings and recommend and implement changes to strengthen internal controls
- Ensures professionalism and independence and the constant appearance of professionalism and independence
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- CISA certification is preferred.
- MBA, CPA or Certified Internal Auditor Designation is a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in IT Auditing or related field is required.
- Specialized experience in, and knowledge of: IT control and security activities including, but not limited to:
Regulations impacting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer nonpublic personal information.
Business application controls including logical access, application change management, disaster recovery and application processing controls.
IT control best practices within key IT infrastructure areas including network and Internet security, application development, IT project management, data center operations and general IT operations.
Security measures and auditing practices within various operating systems, databases and ERP systems.
IT governance practices including security awareness and IT policies and procedures.
Business continuity and disaster recovery best practices and physical security measures.
- Experience with third party governance and oversight measures.
- Experience in financial services industry in a highly regulated environment such as mortgage servicing and origination's strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years should be related to internal audit process reviews
- Effective team builder with strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an organized fashion with attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex or multi-functional audits
- Demonstrated ability to have a positive interaction with management and work across departmental lines in order to effectively execute audits
- Strong project management skills, IT and change management experience recommended
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural exposure preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- Ability to travel