Architect will be responsible for translating customer's business requirements into specific systems, applications or process design within an integrated architecture. This position will lead/participate in architecture definition and design of comprehensive integrated IT solutions.
Responsibilities include: -
- Drive implementation of design/development and testing/readiness/deployment activities within the project.
- Manage priorities and tasks to meet project milestones.
- Partner with respective teams in technical architecture design discussions. - Align solutions with MSI standards and best practices.
- Perform risk analysis & create mitigation strategies with continuous evaluation and validation or system design and architecture.
- Develop detailed functional specifications and generate strategies for hardware/software system design & architecture in collaboration with customers and other colleagues
- Proven industry experience as an Oracle Architect for minimum 8+ years -- for OLTP / OLAP systems.
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle Database solutions -- with performance tuning in large databases with partitioning, analyzing AWR / ADDM reports -- to tune DB parameters, suggest options to optimize bad performing queries, Parsing XML / PLJSON, Data Migration / upload with best practices.
- Exposure to Data Mart, Master Data Management (MDM) in Enterprises, Change data capture (CDC) for audit trail purposes.
- Familiar with the server side technologies, keen interest in Web 2.0 trends, APIs, mashups and other disruptive technologies.
- Knowledge to build high performance websites that are compatible with multiple browsers.
- In-depth knowledge of browser architecture and internals
- Experience developing "consumer-facing" web applications
- Implemented coding patterns and built UI framework.
- Strong UI debugging skills using browser developer tools, Chrome Console etc.,
- Good understanding on web page performance tuning, best practices in building the web pages.
- Should be aware of one of the application / web server layer components -- different options in configuration to improve response times.
- Should be aware of single sign-on (SSO), Active Directory, NLB / Clusters
- Should be aware of unix shell scripting, scheduling the process / daemon using CRON jobs.
- Strong knowledge on Ajax, Web Services, REST, servlets, etc.
- Basics in Java/J2EE and RDBMS
- Familiarity with database architectural design issues and tradeoffs
- Strong understanding of Oracle technology solutions and direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills