This Position will report to Plant Head
What is expected from this role:
Permanent target of this role is to deliver its budget commitment measured through gross margin and inventory level with Continuous Improvement & Best Business Practices
- Improvement of Productivity by using Lean techniques .
- Improve machine and plant utilization.
- Ramp up production on assembly lines to full capacity leve l with minimum manpower
- Implementing major cost savings strategies, productivity enhancements and improvements
- Maintaining High Operator Morale by involving them in TPM activities.
- Controlling the per piece cost of the components manufactured in the cell and aim at reducing the cost by implementing Kaizens.
- Focus on best shop floor management
- Development & implementation o f operations strategies .Ensure quality standards & minimize waste
- Line setup with world class standard with defect free concept , proactive Pokayokes
- Review of daily performance like productivity, quality para meters & other plant objectives.
- Ensure Manpower planning, training ,multiskilling, talent development initiatives.
- Analyzing various processes / applications and recommending process modifications and equipment calibrations to enhance operational efficiency.
- Implementing major cost savings strategies and productivity enhancements.
- Ensuring complete in-process quality control & continuous improvement in process capabilities.
- Foreseeing performance bottlenecks and taking corrective measures to avoid the same.
- Supporting production activities by way of setting up new manufacturing processes, proving new machines, jigs, fixtures, tooling etc.
- Planning and effecting preventive maintenance schedules of various machineries and instruments to increase machine up time and equipment reliability.
- Proactively identifying areas of obstruction / breakdowns and take steps to rectify the equipments through application of trouble shooting tools.
- Ensuring all the machines are working well by conducting timely checks.
Quality Assurance & Control:
- Taking stringent quality measures including preparation / maintenance of necessary documents and conducting audits to ensure compliance.
- Maximizing customer satisfaction level by on time delivery, monitoring customer complaints and providing efficient after sale services.
- Internal Auditor for quality audits and measuring the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Maintaining proper housekeeping in the section by implementing 5S techniques.
- Sustaining Zero Defects through QM.
- Retaining Zero breakdowns
- Planning and scheduling activities to ensure completion of the project within the time and budgetary parameters and for optimizing resource utilization.
- Identifying appropriate process methodologies.
- Managing resource planning, allocation, multi-project administration and QA Documentation as per the requirements.
- Meeting deadlines without compromising quality norms.
- Material purchase and Planning
- Reduction in inventory by implementing KANBAN
- Reduction in raw material cost by adding new vendors & by value engineering.
- MUST be a full time GRADUATE ENGINEER with a good academic record.
- Minimally 15 yrs experience of working primarily in Automobile.
- Proven track record in production management and lean manufacturing system, exposure in TPS can be an added advantage.
- Should be capable of handling Production Planning, Process improvement, Quality Assurance and control, material Planning, Maintenance operations and project management.
- Proven Track record of independently leading the Entire Plant Operations or as a Second-in-Command for a plant with a turnover no lesser than Rs. 150 - 200 Crores with Atleast 250 + Employees is definitely needed for this role.
- Must be able to maintain and improve the operational efficiency of the plant at all levels.
- Should be proactive in making decisions, for successfully achieving organizational objectives.
- Should be good in implementing safety systems and maintaining it.