Responsibilities of Development Manager in Data Engineering team comprises of equal portions of:-
- Technical direction to the Development Team.
- People and Project Management
- Functional and Product direction
The key responsibilities of Development Manager in Data Engineering: Providing the Technical direction to the Data Engineers (comprising of Software Engineers, Sr. Software Engineers, MTS, SMTS and Leads).
- Providing the Functional and production direction to the team.
- People management - daily task monitoring, tracking and delivery of key initiatives and projects.
- Managing customer issues and escalations and tracking the Customer SLAs closely
- Defining/evolving and enforcing relevant software development processes for Data Engineering team.
- Ensuring that the team complies to the quality standards
- Active communication and coordination with clients and internal stakeholders
Desired Skills & Experience :
Education Required: B.E./B.Tech/MCA Graduates (Computer Science preferred), strong in academics and good aptitude; excellent communication skills with a flair to learn quickly.
Experience required:8- 12 years in the software industry. 1 to 3+ years of experience in Managing a team of Software Engineers. Extraordinary Leads from tier 1 product companies may also apply.
Note: Ability, experience and performance in the evaluation - will drive the responsibilities given to selected candidates.
Skills and Knowledge Required :
- Java, strong Database fundamentals.
- End to end Project Management, monitoring and tracking.
- People Management - Providing feedback, conflict resolution.
- Customer/Stakeholder Management.
- Java Script, JSON, HTML, XML, PL/SQL, AJAX (Desirable)
- Banking and finance domain knowledge(Desirable)