Reporting to: Senior Director - Product Development
The Development Manager will lead a team of developers & leads in the creation of the next generation of enterprise grade healthcare technology solutions. The Development Manager has ultimate responsibility for the design, development, and delivery of software products.
Ensures design reviews and code reviews are completed. Employees in this role must have a thorough understanding of requirements and a deep understanding of software engineering domains. They may be expected to code complex areas and ensures follow-up is completed on action items for technical design reviews. The Senior Tech Lead / Development Manager is accountable for the quality of applications that are developed to meet specified business needs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
* Leads the development team in all aspects of the software development process including requirements gathering, design and implementation, testing, and deployment.
* Accountable for software design and code quality.
* Makes architectural decisions.
* Utilizes development languages and tools to design and implement.
* Demonstrates continuous professional and technical development.
* Task management - ensures on time delivery.
* Creates high level technical design for use by Software Engineers.
* Understands technology and industry. Brings in innovative ideas and applies them to add value to the work.
* Participates in review meetings as necessary; requirements, design, code, and test case.
* Actively participates in the continuous improvement of software development process; Performs root-cause analysis, identifies problem areas, and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Communication and knowledge sharing within and across team(s).
* Provides mentoring to team members.
* Collaborates with other leaders in the organization on product roadmap and strategic technical decisions
* Collaborates with QA and support staff to identify and remedy software defects.
* Follows the defined development / implementation process.
* Understands dependencies and how individual contributions impact larger vision picture.
* Performs other responsibilities as needed.
Academic & role :
BSc/ BE/ MSc/ME in computers
3+ years in a Software Development Manager role.
Or 5+ years in a tech leadership role
Should be a hands-on person with the ability to code This role does not require one to code but the candidate should have the ability to code if need arises .
Please refrain from referring candidates who do not have hands-on coding skills as they will fail the screening tests.
Candidates coming from a product development / IT enabled services company will be preferred over pure services
Candidates with a shorter notice period will be preferred
Candidates with prior US Healthcare experience will be given preference .
Work experience & skills:
Proven ability to read and understand business cases,
Clearly articulate designs using UML.
Be able to decompose , translate & estimate high level business needs ( epics) to smaller engineering components
Should be able to technically lead a highly skilled and experienced team
Will be required to work on projects that involve a lot of research work and still be able to commit to business driven deadlines
Should be well versed in MS technology stack like C#, ASP .net etc.
Should have a fairly good understanding of the Java technical stack as well as some of the development work will be in Java
Should be well versed in commonly used design patterns
Strong conceptualization, analytical, and logic skills enabling comprehension and development of complex technical and business issues, topics, and plans
Should be able to clearly articulate design proposals to business stakeholders
Proven ability to interpret and develop highly complex technical specifications, diagrams and database schemas
Demonstrated ability to design solutions that are scalable, robust and have acceptable performance.
Understanding of HL7 protocol
Exposure to ADFS , SAML related federation experience
Exposure to document data model based NoSQL DBs like Mongo or Mark Logic
Exposure to code versioning systems like Mercurial
Agile development methodology
Ticketing systems likes JIRA
Agile development board like Green-hopper
Experience as a scrum master /Product owner
Personal qualities & behavioral traits:
Must have excellent , communication and interpersonal skills in addition to core technical, problem-solving skills
Please refrain from referring candidates who do not strong communication skills as they will not be able to clear the 2/3rd stage interviews .
Dealing with US/UK development/, business counterparts for daily scrum calls , DDRs etc.