The Mobile Application Development Manager will manage a team of game developers in an innovative and fast-paced environment. He/she will be responsible for planning, successful execution and ongoing support of complex game development projects for iOS, Android and Web platforms.
- Work closely with product management, design, art, animators and other groups to build sensor-based sports mobile games.
- Manage development to planned timeline; manage communication to all stakeholders through all stages of development.
- Drive technical direction of our gaming platform to utilize common underlying technology architecture and components.
- Coordinate with strategy and marketing teams to manage scope and releases.
- Promote best practice development habits and highest product quality standards through regular code reviews and open team communication.
- Manage work intake through Scrum agile development process, including sprint planning, effort estimation and change management, improving processes to maximize team performance.
- Create and document technical project plan, user stories and solution architecture in partnership with product management, project management and product marketing teams. Create learning opportunities within the development team through training, conferences, hands-on training and mentorship in projects.
- Develop the team by hiring top talent with shared values to support build of the portfolio of games.
- Demonstrate problem solving, initiative and technical innovation and work hands on to solve complex technical problems if needed.
- Build deep technical skills in iOS, Android, PHP, mobile gamin and other core technologies.
- Strong technical background capable of motivating and leading by example the strong technical team.
- Building mobile games using Unity 3D experience a huge plus.
- Strong management, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience leading or managing independent software development teams.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field.
- 5-10 years of prior experience in software development.
- 2-3 years of recent experience with development of mobile applications, preferable mobile games.
- Strong technical skills in iOS, Android and web development technologies.