1. Mechanical engineer/Production engineer / NTTF/ DME with minimum 7+ years experience in manufacturing domain.
2. Machine shop / Shop floor experience is highly desirable.
3. Ability to analyze manufacturing processes of a sub assembly/parts and should be able to generate process steps.
4. Experience in product (should) costing for machined. Sheet metal and weldments is an added advantage.
5. Ability to determine cost effective manufacturing process and able to make the global suppliers understand the process flow.
6. Knowledge on various machine tools along with application of right machining parameters is a must.
7. Should have good knowledge in Manufacturability / Producibility practices specific to machined parts. Sheet metal and fabrication is an added advantage.
8. Good communication skills to work with cross functional teams like Materials/Mfg./Quality/Suppliers are a must.
9. Knowledge of GD&T standards for proper application and also should able to explain suppliers with interpretation.
10. Should be familiar with 3D modeling tools like UG / Pro E.
11. Should be a self-starter and ability to drive things to completion with less supervision.
12. NC programming knowledge