This position will report to Division/ Region Operation Director
What is expected from this role:
Permanent target of this role is to deliver its budget commitment measured through gross margin and inventory level, which means:
Secure foundations in the plant: safety of employee/ adequate customer satisfaction: quality and deliveries on time/ empowered employees and work force.
Manage P&L to drive the appropriate actions to adapt plant resources and costs to volume variation, and manage launch preparation cost for new programs
The main missions of the role are:
- Managing the entire P&L for the Plant with increased profitability
- Ensure safety of employees
- Ensure permanent customer satisfaction and intimacy: quality and deliveries
- Manage variable margin: direct labor efficiency and productivity/ material cost consumption/ Scrap and rework reduction
- Manage fixed cost: indirect labor/ manufacturing costs/ inventory variances
- Manage inventories: appropriate information management and physical flow in the plant.
- Set plant lay out for optimal flow and efficient use of equipments: capacity, reliability, operating costs, CAPEX control
- Drive continuous and breakthrough improvement through plant priorities and resources defined by the PIP (plant improvement plan) and aligned with PMT business targets
- Support sales department for customer claims negotiation
- Act within program team as early as acquisition, to create best conditions for production, secure launches and ensure competitiveness/ profitability of the new programs.
- Drive supplier performance improvement, and material consumption reduction with purchasing department
- Respect for the environment and security of the plant
- Participate in PMT construction to confirm plant mid-term vision and future
- Fulfill legal responsibilities and interface with local authorities
- Secure internal control with the support of financial controller and finance network
- Ensure staffing, induction, training, empowerment and development of all plant employees including managers & professionals
- Develop his team to prepare succession
NON NEGOTIABLE PRE CONDITIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
- MUST be a full time GRADUATE ENGINEER with a good academic record. Masters degree will be highly desirable.
- 12-15 yrs experience of working primarily in Automobile ideally from sheet metal background.
- Must be handling P&L directly. Ability to build and manage a P&L is a must for this role.
- Good understating of EBITA and PAT is much needed for this role
- Proven track record in production